Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization committed to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to productive adulthood. Since its establishment in 1989, AHI has served as an advocate and catalyst for creating better life options for young people in Nigeria. AHI is actively involved in responding to the humanitarian crisis in North Eastern Nigeria, focusing on sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, reducing gender-based violence (GBV), and providing essential life-saving health services to survivors, young girls and women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Nurse / Clinical Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Applies medical knowledge & skill in overseeing the delivery of outpatient and/or inpatient consultations, and treatment respecting protocols in targeted health facilities and mobile health outreaches
- Ensures all medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times, reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected
- Conducts health surveillance in the programme sites, including host community and internally displaced persons (IDPs) based on agreed methodologies
- Works with the field-based health and CHEWs to establish, implement and monitor community- based management of health services, coupled with patient follow up, referrals and education for their better management and supervision at community level.
- Identifies opportunities for program development and oversee training programs for the health staff and Supervise the use of materials, equipment and supplies for the intervention.
- Prepare timely reports of activities implemented to Programme Team Lead.
- Registered Nurse with over 5 (five) years relevant clinical experience
- A Degree in Nursing, Community or Public Health, or a related field from an accredited academic institution will be an added advantage
- Valid license to practice nursing in Nigeria
- Relevant professional work experience in public health or life-saving health, SRH and protection/GBV activities including familiarity with the Emergency/ humanitarian context with at least two years in a supervisory role
- Proficient in use of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Teamwork: Ability to develop and promote effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Action oriented and able to produce and deliver quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seek to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Take ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Flexibility & adaptability: Willingness to conduct monitoring and supervisory activities in crisis-affected local government areas.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of Application along with copy of Curiculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using Position Applied For and Full Names as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHI is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communication Specialist – West Africa Region at the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Programme Manager – PLANE, Kano (Re-advertised) at Save the Children
- Compliance Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) Nigeria
- Consultants – Evaluation of Humanitarian Response at Christian Aid (3 Openings)
- Medical Doctors at Medecins du Monde (MdM) – 2 Openings