Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Officer, Partner Safeguarding
- The CP Partner Safeguarding Sr. Officer/FP is a new or current CRS staff member who will oversee and coordinate the roll-out of the forthcoming partner safeguarding procedures and minimum standards to implementing partners at the CP level.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Regional Coordination and Learning:
- Participate in a series of ToT (Training of Trainers) events on the partner safeguarding procedure/framework and minimum standards
- Act as a liaison between the CP and the Regional Partner Safeguarding Advisor on partner safeguarding
- Participate in relevant learning events and a regional partner safeguarding community of practice and share experiences and lessons learnt with other partner safeguarding staff.
Implementation of Partner Safeguarding Procedures:
- Conduct a mapping of implementing partners and develop CP partner safeguarding annual workplan in collaboration with other relevant CP staff
- Organize orientation sessions for senior partner staff on the minimum standards and assessment process and tools
- Coordinate and conduct partner safeguarding assessments according to the procedures
- Coordinate with other relevant CP staff and departments supporting the partner assessment process and collating their contributions (if applicable)
- Ensure partners submit improvements plans following the outcome of their assessment as per procedure
- Conduct partner follow-up visits within the required timeframe
- Coordinate all partner safeguarding capacity strengthening activities in line with the partner’s improvement plan. This includes:
- Providing partners with relevant templates and tools
- Organise and conduct online or face-to-face training to partners and technical accompaniment on relevant minimum standards (as per training materials and guidance provided by the Ethics Unit)
- Coordinate technical support of other CP staff and departments (e.g. Investigation Focal Point, HR, MEAL) to partners.
- In consultation with the Regional Partner Safeguarding Advisor, to contextualize and make necessary adaptations of partner safeguarding training materials and tools provided by the Ethics Unit
- Coordinate, conduct and communicate the re-assessments of partners as per the Partner Safeguarding Procedure
- Ensure that documentation from the assessments, re-assessments and follow-up visits are safely stored in the office and relevant documents are uploaded onto Gateway.
Coordination and Communication at CP level:
- Be the first point of contact for partners in relation to the partner safeguarding procedures and provide partners with appropriate information and technical resources
- Be the first point of contact for CP staff in relation to the partner safeguarding procedures and other partner safeguarding requests and questions
- Write regular (e.g. monthly/quarterly) progress reports on the roll-out of the partner safeguarding procedures and share with supervisor, SMT, partnership staff and regional partner safeguarding advisor
- Organise regular meetings with key program, risk& compliance, operations, partnership staff (if applicable) and any other relevant CP staff to provide update on the status, progress and challenges of rolling out partner safeguarding procedures at the CP level.
- Ensure the coordination of all partner safeguarding activities with other CP staff involved in partner capacity building activities or assessments, including SRFMP and HOCAI
- If applicable, serve as the point of contact at the CP level for Empower and other CRS initiatives on partner safeguarding.
- If applicable, serve as the point of contact at the CP level on ensuring compliance with partner safeguarding procedures within HRD emergency responses
- any other tasks/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the humanitarian or development sector
- Minimum of three years of experience in designing and conducting trainings and/or implementing partnership capacity strengthening initiatives
- Experience of having worked directly with senior staff of implementing partners
- Previous experience in the field of protection or safeguarding
- Experience in conducting assessments (preferred).
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent.
What We Offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Accountability Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Project Development Intern – Mogadishu at ACTED
- Consultancy-Exploring Transition options for HelpAge Country programme to a Locally-Led Development
- TZ – Travel Logistics Officer (N) at Church World Service
- A Deputy Country Director – Business Development And Partnership at Action Contre la Faim France