Position: Senior Political Inclusivity Advisor
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- Somalia is entering a consequential timeframe where movement on key political, development & security objectives is critical to deepening stability & progress. The President will prioritize a national policy agenda to progress the peace & stability of the country, requiring a more holistic approach to address key issues around inclusive politics, including constitution, federalism, security & fiscal policy. To achieve this, the President will need a team of Advisors that can translate high- evel policy goals into appropriate mechanisms & processes to tangibly improve the lives of Somalis. Key issues for this position revolve around the constitution, federalism, security & fiscal policy.
The Senior Political Inclusivity Advisor will:
- Advise & support the President & government on matters pertaining to constitution review.
- Advise the President on expanding the political space, ensuring free & fair elections & promoting citizen participation in electoral processes.
- Identify & address social cohesion challenges faced by the government, developing strategies to foster a more cohesive society.
- Foster inclusive, transparent & participatory processes for deepening federalism & reviewing the constitution.
- Support the President’s office in coordinating the national level dialogue on political agreements.
- Translate the political outcomes of these high level discussions into technical options that can be implemented.
- Troubleshoot as needed to address bottlenecks to progress.
- This role reports to the Project Manager.
- Master’s Degree in Political Science, Law, International Relations, or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in Political Advising, Policy Making, or relevant fields.
- Demonstrable experience with constitution review processes and fostering political inclusivity is a must.
- Demonstrates a strong results orientation, sets ambitious targets & meets or exceeds them.
- Ability to balance competing priorities without losing sight of the overall objectives.
- Ability to inspire & motivate others to follow a set vision or goal.
- Promotes a culture of collaboration, trust & respect within the team.
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence.
- Strong understanding of the broader political landscape & ability toalign strategic & operational objectives to it.
- Skilled at scenario planning & forecasting.
- Proven skills in mentoring, coaching & promoting continuous professional & personal growth within the team.
- The advisor will collaborate & coordinate with organizations like ICRIC, Federal Member States & other entities, ensuring that the views & interests of all stakeholders, including marginalized groups, are considered.
- Team management responsibility is edsired for this role.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- State Facilitator at CTG
- Resources Management Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Consultancy services for the African Union Department of Economic Development, Trade, Tourism, Industry, and Minerals (ETTIM) on Industrial
- Development Worker (m/f/d) in the field of Forest Environment and Climate in Cameroon at GIZ
- Creative Producer at Girl Effect