SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant
Vacancy Number: SVN/IOMSO/030/2022
Duty Station : IOM Somalia in Nairobi, Kenya.
Classification : General Service Category, Grade G7
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term, Nine Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 13 September, 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Supply Chain Officer and direct supervision of the Procurement & Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for organizing procurement activities including obtaining quotations, tendering, purchase and delivery of office supplies and materials and equipment and providing project logistics and administrative support as well as preparing requests for payments, reporting and encoding
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and monitor all activities of the purchasing cycle, including but not limited to revision and consolidation of purchase request forms, organization of bidding processes, evaluation, delivery of goods and services, payment to suppliers, filing system and reporting. May authorize purchases in line with Purchase Authorization Matrix.
- Work with managers in the development of procurement plans to optimize purchasing power and facilitate the implementation of project activities.
- Participate in negotiations of terms and conditions of purchases and resolve issues related to the delivery of goods and services. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Provide technical guidance to requisitioners and all staff in the office on preparation of specifications and interpretation and implementation of procurement instructions and procedures.
- Identify local and international suppliers and service providers; participate in their evaluation taking into consideration quality, prices, reliability, and services and the organization’s best interests.
- Create and implement administrative tools for tracking and monitoring of contracts, agreements, and progress of activities toward the achievement of the procurement plans and schedules.
- Participate in capacity development of staff, providers and partners on IOM’s procurement processes and policies. Logistics
- Coordinate and monitor logistics activities related to property and asset management, warehousing, insurance coverage, maintenance, and transportation. Identify challenges and provide recommendations.
- Participate in the preparation of logistics plans and budget requirements for planned operations.
- Implement internal control mechanisms to safeguard the organization’s assets and prevent fraud.
- Coordinate logistics operations with other UN Agencies, partners, and government authorities. General
- Participate in the development, evaluation, and updating of systems and procedures for procurement/logistics; suggest areas for improvement and risk-mitigation measures.
- Guide, train and supervise staff in the Unit.
- Participate in inter-agency related working groups when requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education • Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or • High school degree/certificate in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience • Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain Management is an advantage
Experience • Excellent communication and negotiation skills. • Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned. • Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision • Knowledge in using office equipment and excellent knowledge in Microsoft Windows. • Prior experience in usage of SAP an added advantage.
Skills • High level of computer literacy • Knowledge of SAP highly desirable • Ability to work with national and international institutions; • Ability to prepare clear and concise report; • Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment; • Ability to supervise staff and coordinate administrative activities • Excellent communication and negotiation skills
Languages • Fluency in English and Kiswahili both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Somali is an added advantage. Required Competencies
Values • Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible. • Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct. • Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2 • Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results. • Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate. • Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work. • Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2 • Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential. • Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential. • Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction. • motivational way.
Other Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Special Vacancy Notice Number (SVN No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: email@example.com Posting period:
From 31.08.2022 to 13.09.2022
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Inter – Regional Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Finance Assistant -Garowe – G5 – LICA Modality contract at World Health Organization
- Study On Green Business, Green Jobs & Green Skills For Leather In Kenya And Cotton & Textile In Ethiopia
- Knowledge Management Specialist-(Proposal Recruitment) at Save the Children
- Procurement Assistant at Save the Children