PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The PATH Epidemic Preparedness and Response activities aims at building strong capacity in preventing antimicrobial resistance (AMR), strengthening surveillance systems/ real time surveillance, information systems and lab network in Senegal to achieve specific goals in three focus areas of EPR including i) preventing avoidable epidemics; ii) detecting threat early; and iii) responding rapidly and effectively.
The Senior Program Assistant provides general administrative support e.g. printing, photocopying, documentation preparations, support logistics of meetings including setting up project meetings and taking minutes, coordinate travel, review expense reports, compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings, support and coordinate project procurement and monitor implementation of project activities. The program assistant is also responsible for filing and maintaining project documents, distributing supplies or project materials, assist in disbursing/processing payments for workshops expenses, per diems and preparation of activity budgets. This position reports to the GHSA Team Lead.
- Provide logistical & administrative support and liaise with partners to arrange meetings, trainings, workshops, field trips and other travels.
- Assist the team in preparing budget advances for workshop and/or meetings.
- Provide administrative support for securing all necessary in-country approvals.
- Coordinate with administrative team to arrange travels for project staff, consultants, and visitors.
- Assist with the correspondence with partners and MoH.
- Support the team in developing and reviewing deliverables and reports on time and with high quality
- Monitoring and Evaluation to track and document project progress and collect data for reporting on project indicators using the tracker.
- Take notes at meetings and workshops and prepare.
- Organize and assemble reports and other documents in Box for across all projects.
- Assist in interpretation and translation of project documents and materials, and formatting of documents and presentations.
- Provide support to financial/procurement team.
- Provide other administrative support as required.
- Participate in some of the field missions.
- Organize travel arrangements for Programs visitors’ domestic and international travel, including flights, hotel room reservation and airport pick up.
- Organize RATs and process travel advances.
- Compile and process TER reimbursement or refunds and ensure that supporting documents are in accordance with PATH travel regulation and procedures.
- Support program visitors.
- The applicant must hold a degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences, or its equivalent in a related field
- At least three years of experience in the country, with a focus on, supporting projects in Nongovernment institution environment.
- Experience in secretarial services
- Experience in working with International NGOs
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills in facilitation and stakeholder engagement/coordination
- Familiarity with USG programs and experience residing and working in Senegal are also preferred.
Must have legal authorization to work in Senegal.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com**.**
- Job City Dakar