Equal Access International is an international not for profit organization (501c3) working in over ten countries around the world. A communications for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, Equal Access creates community-led and evidence-based programming and customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peace and conflict, women’s and girl’s empowerment, governance, civic participation, youth development, human rights and health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Senior Program Manager will work with the Country Director to manage and implement all EAI’s activities in Nigeria.
- The Senior Program Manager will oversee program design, implementation and community engagement.
- S/he will ensure that EAI is delivering quality programming to communities across Nigeria and will liaise with partners to drive sustainability.
- The position has direct reports.
- Provide leadership to EAI’s multi-media programming components, including but not limited to content development and production (Radio, Social Media, Television) and ensuring that existing programmatic workplans are followed, deliverables are in line with EAI’s strict quality standards and that all donor funded activities are implemented in accordance with all donor and EAI policies and procedures.
- Support quality project planning, implementation, and monitoring & evaluation in a manner consistent with EAI’s working principles, ensuring that programming is managed and implemented in a timely and high-quality manner, according to pre-established workplans, and basing program decisions on reliable and accurate data with a continued focus on beneficiary impact.
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned that can be successfully replicated and enable program staff to integrate these findings into their work.
- Support the Country Office business development opportunities and participate in the design and development of proposals, concept notes and budgets.
- Work with the Country Director to develop a Growth Strategy for the EAI Nigeria Country Office in coordination with the organizational headquarters.
- Foster productive working relationships with government authorities at the local, state and federal level; and international and national non-governmental organizations.
- Oversee programming quality, ensuring that execution of project activities and deliverables are undertaken and submitted on time, in an appropriate format and in-line with EAI’s strict quality standards.
- Identify and document best practices and lessons learned that can be successfully replicated and assist program staff to integrate into their work; while ensuring timely accurate, and professional monitoring & evaluation of our work
- Lead the development, collation and final reporting of all EAI activities ensuring quality and donor expectations are met.
- Provide leadership in managing multiple programs from different donors and program personnel who are geographically spread over a wide area.
- Continue to identify revenue sources and income generating opportunities through advertising, sponsorship and investment that leverage impact and integrate initiatives and activities; continuing to engage with both bi-lateral and multi-lateral donors ( including USG, Foundations, DFID, EU and others).
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Business, Social Sciences, Communication, or relevant field (a Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage).
- Minimum of 8 years progressively challenging international development experience
- At least 5 years’ experience working with international donor-funded projects and/or working with donors in the capacity of Supervisor, Team Lead or Manager.
- Substantial experience working with communities in Nigeria, particularly Northern Nigeria.
- Proven understanding and practical experience in peacebuilding, gender and / or security and community resilience programming in Nigeria.
- Previous experience setting up early warning, early response systems or working on women, peace and security projects a strong advantage.
- Previous experience of working on media and advocacy programming an advantage.
- Proven experience in coordinating with external donors, suppliers, producers, sponsors, investors, and other partners.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English to effectively present information, respond to questions, and prepare written reports in a professional and timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to lead, write and produce compelling and technically sound and strategically priced proposals both individually and in collaboration with teams
- Substantial knowledge of the development programming, institutions and donor community within Nigeria, including compliance requirements, accountability frameworks and best practices, prior experience with funding from USG, DFID, EU and other leading donors.
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Superior organizational and management skills: ability to multitask; manage teams to deadlines; apply results oriented problem-solving approaches; and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, US and foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders, and policy-makers
- Smooth multi-tasking among multiple responsibilities, ability to think innovatively and introduce new concepts
- Computer skills: Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, and experience with other editing software packages; MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative; ability to be a team player
- Detail-oriented and has good time management skills, especially when facing tight deadlines
- Able to undertake travel to the project locations as required, including internally in Nigeria and able to work under extreme pressure and deadlines
- Strong work ethic, impeccable integrity and sense of accountability.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.
- As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants seeking employment.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Chief of Party – Health Facilities Electrification at ABT Associates
- Plan International Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- RCA – Administrateur Projets at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- RDC – Chef de Mission at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Mali – Administrateur Projets at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale