The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Job Title
Senior Program Officer
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Number of Persons Required
- This position reports to the Associate Director Programmes
- Under the supervision of the Associate Director Programmes, the SPO provides oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of all ACE activities in Cross River State.
- S/he will provide management support to the state office and IAs focusing on work plans, sub agreement management, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting.
- Develop and oversee execution of systems for initiation, implementation, monitoring, amendment and close out of all ACE IAs’ sub agreements.
- Ensure that ECEWS delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services).
- Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and ECEWS policies by the state office and IAs.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- M.Sc / M.A Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent
- B.Sc / B.A in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent
HIV Specialist At The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
- 5 – 9 years relevant experience in development programs.
- Knowledge and skills on conducting budget analysis and tracking (Burn rate, Pipeline analysis) is essential
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- At least 4 years’ experience in clinical HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment.
- Excellent and proven knowledge of clinical issues and current literature in HIV/AIDS treatment.
- Experience in training and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation including Data Quality Assessment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Does not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment and will be required to co-locate with other team usually in the same office space.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), office telephone, calculator, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: email@example.com
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.