Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D seeks a highly motivated and dynamic Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager (Senior Program Officer) to play a key role on Frontier Health Markets Engage (FHM Engage). FHM Engage is a global cooperative agreement to provide technical assistance supporting local actors to improve the ability of health markets to meet supply-side capacity gaps and consumer preferences, contributing to equitable provision of and access to high-quality family planning and other health services and products in mixed health systems. Led by Chemonics, with R4D as co-technical lead, alongside Pathfinder International and Zenysis Technologies, FHM Engage will work through 16 local, regional, and specialized network implementation partners (NIPs) to deliver lasting results. Building on over 30 years of USAID investment, FHM Engage focuses on strengthening local health markets by addressing the root causes of market failures in the core market functions to create the necessary behavior change that catalyzes supply and demand and supports sustainable change. In Tanzania, FHM Engage aims to increase private sector contributions to achieving national objectives related to voluntary family planning, maternal, newborn, child health, and adolescent, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDs, malaria, and/or other infectious diseases.
This position is based in Dar es Salaam and reports to FHM Engage Tanzania Chief of Party.
As the M&E Manager (Senior Program Officer) on FHM Engage, you will provide in-country adaptive learning technical leadership, support data collection and reporting for M&E activities, and program management on activities in Tanzania. As part of this work, you will work closely with local and global stakeholders to achieve the program’s objectives. A successful Senior Program Officer will be highly-motivated, a creative problem solver; have strong analytical, communication, and collaboration skills; and have a commitment to excellence and producing results. We are a team that is resourceful, responsible, tenacious, high-energy, and always has a positive attitude.
- Work closely with Tanzania-based team as well as colleagues based in the US and UK
- Effectively manage relationships with partners in Tanzania, ranging from USAID to implementers to government and community actors, in coordination with R4D and the FHM Engage Consortium
- Represent R4D, our Tanzania office, and our Evaluation and Adaptive Learning Practice through the FHM Engage buy-in, working in close partnership with others in the organization and across the FHM Engage Consortium
- Support design and implementation of various data collection processes, such as systems mapping and lean testing as well as routine monitoring and program evaluation activities
- Support the implementation of in-country workshops and lead discussions around the project’s theory of change
- Lead desk review and analysis for various adaptive learning activities in-country
- Master’s degree and at least seven years of relevant experience
- Experience leading or supporting data collection processes required
- Strong understanding of monitoring, evaluation, and adaptive learning and ability to effectively communicate the purpose and work to a diverse set of stakeholders required
- Knowledge of and previous experience working with USAID a plus
- Knowledge of and previous experience working in the health sector a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complicated and detailed data to team leads and project stakeholders
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced environment across multiple projects and work streams with competing time/resource demands
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Written and verbal fluency in English required
- Job City Dar es Salaam