World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Senior Programme Development Advisor, GRRT, your primary responsibility (50%) is to deploy (sometimes on short notice) to humanitarian emergencies to lead (or support) WV’s resource acquisition and management teams. Core to the role is a strong focus on 1) response strategy development, 2) significant donor engagement, 3) grant design and writing, 4) funding coordination and 5) resource management and reporting. In WV emergency response, this role plays a central role, often serving on the response’s Senior Leadership Team.
- A minimum of 5 years in roles that feature resource acquisition, grant development, donor engagement and leadership in the humanitarian assistance with a significant portion of this in INGOs.
- 8+ years’ experience in humanitarian assistance work including significant field presence.
- University degree in Humanitarian Studies, International Development, Political Relations, Economics, Sociology, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of proposal and budget requirements and regulations of major donors including the OFDA, ECHO, DFID, UN agencies, German government.
- French language proficiency highly desirable.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel and deploy domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time, often at short-notice.
How to apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 OCT 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.