SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title :Senior Project Assistant (Partnership and Reporting)
Vacancy Number :SVN/IOMSO/021/2023
Duty Station :IOM Somalia in Mogadishu, Somalia
Classification :General Service Category, Grade G6
Type of Appointment :Special Short Term (SST)
Estimated Start Date :As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 June, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
The IOM Somalia mission is implementing frontline activities as well as taking the lead in coordinating the Camp Coordination and Camp Management (CCCM) Cluster to improve the coordination, delivery, and monitoring of humanitarian services to vulnerable populations living in communal settings.
Under the overall supervision of the CCCM Operations and Reporting Officer, and the overall supervision of the CCCM Promgramme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for project support, administrative assistance, and reporting as part of the wider CCCM programme’s ongoing partnerships, ensuring that all programme administrative responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner.
As a Senior Project Assistant (Partnerships and Reporting), the successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing support to the organization’s implementing partners. This will involve various administrative and reporting tasks such as supporting partnership agreements, monitoring deliverables, and ensuring the timely submission of financial and narrative reports. In addition to this, the Senior Project Assistant (Partnerships and Reporting) will be responsible for conducting monitoring field visits to project sites to provide feedback, verify compliance with partnership agreements and project objectives, and identify potential issues.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the development of terms of reference and partnership agreements, including drafting, reviewing, and editing agreements in coordination with chosen CCCM implementing partners;
2. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all agreements, including monitoring and tracking of progress against targets and reporting timelines (narrative and financial reporting);
3. Follow up on the timely submission of financial and narrative reports by CCCM implementing partners, review and analyze these reports in coordination with IOM Grants and Compliance Unit, and provide feedback to partners on areas for improvement;
4. Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to CCCM implementing partners on project management, reporting, and compliance;
5. Conduct field visits to areas of operation to ensure close evaluation of project activities, streamlined implementation, utilization of resources, and provision of CCCM services;
6. Work closely with CCCM implementing partners, providing appropriate guidance, support, trainings, and capacity building mechanisms;
7. Support in detailed evaluations of partners, reviewing costs associated against geographical scope, targets set, those reached, performance review, reporting quality etc.
8. Support in the identification of new partners to meet the CCCM’s programmes needs.
9. Perform such other duties as may be required;
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, international development, business administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- High school degree in the above fields with minimum six years of relevant professional experience
- Experience working in project management, grants management, partnership management or a related field;
- Professional experience in financial administration and budget tracking, control procedures, and procurement process;
- Experience working in respective programme/project preferably at field level, in emergency and conflict environments;
- Experience working in CCCM project is considered an advantage.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct monitoring and evaluation activities, including data collection, analysis and reporting;
- Skilled in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with project staff and other units within the organization, implementing partners, and other relevant parties.
- For all applicants, fluency in English and Somali is required is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
How to apply:
If you are interested, please submit your CV and Cover Letter via email with the subject of position title and SVN number to email@example.com before the closing date.
No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee).
Posting period: From 13.06.2023 to 26.06.2023
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- REGIONAL RISK AND COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR ECA at CARE USA
- Protection Officer (Katsina) at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- EOI – Long-term Communications Consultant – IDEV at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Medical Referent at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Coordinateur.rice de Zone – Bangassou at ACTED