Job position – Senior Protection Officer
Work location – Maiduguri with regular visits to the field
Reporting to – (Hierarchical): Project Manager, (Technical) Protection Coordinator
Supervision of – Protection Officer
General purpose of the position
The role holder is responsible for the technical supervision and coordination of all protection-related activities in the assigned areas. S/he provides appropriate and timely oversight on the supervision of case management services; supporting, coaching and overseeing the work of protection officers, ensuring that the training needs and capacity building for case worker teams and protection officers are addressed in a timely fashion, harmonised across LGAs and that protection services and activities are delivered in line with INTERSOS and international quality standards.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Regularly verifies the status of the case management database, conduct case reviews and provide feedback to the Protection Officers, ensuring that cases meet and maintain compliance with established SOPs and minimum standards in case management.
· Supports the planning, implementation and reporting on all protection activities via project workplans, schedules, team management and the availability of materials; supporting a positive team dynamic and a healthy work environment.
· Ensures an equal division of the overall workload, timely follow-up on targets and flag issues to the Project Manager and Protection Coordinator.
· Provides individual supervision sessions on a weekly basis to each Protection Officer, supporting and coaching them on their duties using various methods; enabling their ability to find solutions and respond appropriately to daily challenges;
· Compiles all reporting on case management, general protection activities and PSS activities as per INTERSOS and donor reporting regulations and transmit these on a weekly basis to the Protection Coordinator for further handling.
· Supports the MEAL team in the compilation of the monthly 5Ws, GBVIMS reports and other reports as needed. Liaising with MEAL Protection Focal Point and reconcile gaps in reporting on a monthly basis;
· Oversees the proper and safe filing, archiving and information-sharing of case management files to maintain data confidentiality as per INTERSOS and international standards. Ensure that all teams are trained in data protection and confidentiality; and enforce the adherence to protection principles, codes of conduct and internal SOPs
· Carries out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to; do no harm; non-discrimination; confidentiality, accountability, and; need-to-know principles.
· Contribute to the design and execution of project assessments, regular service mapping, updates to the service directory, the development of referral systems per area, and project data collection (surveys, pre and post-tests, etc…). Identifying Protection trends and reporting gaps in the availability, access and quality of protection services in the assigned area;
· Flags protection and security issues and contribute to the identification of appropriate responses via regular data review and the submission of protection reports;
· Harmonizes guidance and support for the planning and implementation of awareness raising activities, focus group discussions, PSS activities in the WGFS and training workshops as instructed by the supervisory/managerial team;
Participate in external meetings, representing INTERSOS as needed, with an emphasis on trainings on protection monitoring, general protection trends, and challenges;
· Supports the development, updating and local adaptation of protection tools and training material and deliver step-down trainings on these as needed for the field;
· Supports donor reporting and project development and protection strategies at the macro level as required;
· Minimum 3-year of supervisory experience with an INGO, NGOs and/or local authorities in Nigeria;
· University degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Law, etc…);
· Strong technical knowledge of general protection concerns and case management with an emphasis on GBV cases;
· Advanced computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…);
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and reporting skills;
· Excellent leadership, planning, organization, people management, time management and project management skills;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Ability and motivation to work well with authorities, leaders and communities;
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases;
· Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context;
· Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 4th March 2022 at 4:00 PM
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.