African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer (Operations)
Position Number: 50000593
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Position Grade: LP5
- The Vice-Presidency, Technology and Corporate Services (TCVP) is responsible for providing leadership and oversight on the efficient, highly effective, value-for-money, and client-centered provision of ICT services, general services and works, corporate procurement of goods, language services, business continuity, consultant services, and cybersecurity services to all organizational units of the Bank.
- TCVP is especially charged with leading the efforts to digitalize of the Bank’s business processes and procedures.
The Hiring Department
- The Corporate Information Technology Services Department’s (TCIS) mission at the Bank is to align the digital strategy and delivery model along with the Bank’s business strategy to increase the organizational effectiveness through efficient use of emerging technologies and digital transformation.
- Under the leadership of the Chief Information and Technology Officer, TCIS is mandated by the Bank to deliver best IT services for Bank’s operations in order to accomplish its mission of spurring sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries, contributing to poverty reduction.
- Under the guidance of the Manager of the Digital Business Solution Development Division, (TCIS.1) the Specialist performs systems configuration, development, and maintenance work in all phases of applications life cycle for the ERP system from business process analysis, process design through testing, implementation, and support primarily in SAP PPM and PS modules.
- The Specialist performs functional requirement analysis, functional configurations in SAP PPM & PS modules, develops technical specifications, performs application development and unit testing.
- This includes custom solutions identified along with associated forms, reports, and data views. In addition, this role enables user acceptance testing, develops technical and use documentation, and provides second level technical support in coordination with internal and external partners.
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, TCIS.1, the key duties and responsibilities of the Senior SAP Solutions Development Officer are to:
- Perform functional requirement analysis, Functional Configurations on SAP PPM & PS Modules, ABAP(RICEFWS), FIORI UI5, O-Data Services, Webservices, REST & SOAP development and maintenance in S4 HANA ERP system and related interfaces primarily in the areas of SAP PPM & PS Modules.
- Produce technical specifications and documentation that includes impact analysis, test cases, object dependencies, performance testing and risk analysis. Creates solutions for business and technical problems identified, in accordance with industry standards and African Development Bank resources, rules and regulations.
- Perform system maintenance and production support to SAP PPM & PS modules, also, performs configurations related to Portfolio Buckets, Portfolio items and initiatives, Financial and Capacity Planning, Resource Planning and Project Costing.
- Perform Maintenance and custom developments on PPM & PS modules covering topics such as Customer projects, Project structuring, Cost planning, Resource planning, procurement process and result analysis, also SAP PPM Integrations with SAP PS, MM and FI modules.
- Perform and Coordinate development activities in S4H Cloud such as SAP BTP, Cloud integrations, RPA (Robotic Process Automation), Side-by-side extensibility.
- Act as a back-up resource person for other functional areas in the team as and when required.
- Provide support for application development in business areas outside of PPM & PS modules as required based on priorities.
- Perform any other relevant duties requested by the supervisor.
Competencies (Skills, Experience And Knowledge)
- A Bachelor’s degree or alternatively a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development or related business fields.
- At least five (5) years’ experience for relevant Master’s degree holders or at least eight (8) years’ experience for relevant Bachelor’s degree holders in SAP ABAP development with at least three (3) years’ experience in SAP S/4 HANA.
- Experience of working in a large and complex organization.
- Excellent knowledge of SAP configuration and development methods and disciplines.
- Full end to end understanding of SAP implementations, development, quality, and production environments in SAP related competencies such as SAP ABAP (RICEF), Workflow, SAP NetWeaver, Gateway, Fiori/UI5 in ECC 6.0 and S/4 HANA.
- Understanding of relational databases, data storage, and SQL concepts. Understanding of data structures and data objects.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP PPM & PS Modules.
- Good understanding and functional experience of other SAP modules will be added advantage.
- Knowledge in other non-SAP applications and different technologies will be an added advantage.
- ABAP Certification a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s standard software: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, Access, etc.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Holders of Bachelor’s degree shall complete their relevant Master’s degree within 4 years of appointment by the Bank. Failure to attain the Master’s degree shall result in separation from the Bank.
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.
- Only applicants who are nationals of south africa or are nationals of member countries of the bank who already have a pre-existing legal right to live and work in south africa will be considered for this position.
- The bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocation in relation to this post.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- EOI: Individual Consultant – Accelerating Coal Transition and Just Energy Transition Support at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Nutrition Officer at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- EOI – Individual Consultant: Malawi and Zimbabwe Water Sector Country Profile – AHWS at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Senior Project Engineer at CTG
- National Protection Officer (GBV & MHPSS) at International Organization for Migration