Position: Senior Security Manager
Country Office: Nigeria Country Office
Position Reports to: Country Director
The Senior Security Manager oversees the safety & security aspects of Jhpiego’s projects funded by US government and private foundations. S/he will ensure that security strategy for the Nigeria Country Office is developed, implemented, monitored and reviewed; consistent with Jhpiego policies, standards and requirements. Ensure proper security coordination of all Jhpiego offices and field locations in Nigeria.
- Assisting the CD in establishing an effective Safety, Security and Emergency Management Team (SSEMT)/Local Incident Management Team (LIMT);
- Communicating the membership and function of the Safety, Security and Emergency Management Team /LIMT to all stakeholders;
- Develop, review and ensure effective implementation of the Jhpiego Nigeria Security Management Plans including a security plan in assigned offices, together with key staff.
- Prepare timely security updates, based on information from internal and external sources including the US Government, to support policy and procedure reviews as well as to mitigate risks to programming.
- Monitor implementation of safety and security protocols and promptly advise the CD of any non-compliance and/or concerns/issues.
- Undertake regular site assessments of Jhpiego properties and implementation areas, communications equipment and options; report on findings and implement necessary improvements under the guidance.
- Ensure adequate supply and maintenance of necessary safety and security-related equipment at all offices and international staff residences.
- Under the supervision of CD, develop and implement a regular process of review and revision of security plans, policies, protocols, procedures & standard operating procedures, etc. in collaboration with RSM Consulting (or Jhpiego’s security contractor).
- Maintain regular contact with other agency security focal points, including NGOs, UN, USAID and local authorities related to security issues and concerns especially in program implementation areas.
- Under the direction of CD, provide direct support and advice on response related to safety/security incidents to all staff of Jhpiego – Nigeria.
- Provide safety and security orientation for all new staff, short term technical assistance, expats staff / visitor/ guests and update training for existing staff.
- Maintain an updated Jhpiego staff contact list and security notification tree and test the tree on a regular basis.
- Conduct regular site visits to state offices and field sites to assess safety/security arrangements.
- Implement and ensure effective monitoring of a personnel and vehicle tracking system in each office.
- Conduct regular mock drills in all offices (e.g. fire drill, evacuation, etc.)
- Be readily available at all times to the Country Director and field staff to advice on security developments.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR At Fairtrade Africa
UN·E RESPONSABLE DE DEPARTEMENT FINANCE At Action Contre la Faim France
Save the Children At WASH Technician
- First degree in security management, criminology or a related field. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage
- Professional security management certification
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience with not less than 3 years in a similar role in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Considerable practical experience of security assessment, planning and implementation of procedures in the context of INGO operations.
- Proven experience of field-based training.
- Good attention to detail with ability to follow, applies, interpret, and explain instructions and/or guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff and partners.
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate findings and analyses
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Extensive experience in setting up and managing safety and security systems and protocols and provide training to staff and partners.
- Excellent negotiation and representation skills and the ability to work comfortably with an ethnically diverse staff in a very sensitive environment.
- Good context analysis skills
- Knowledge of institutional donors (United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) regulations, procedures and requirements a plus.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Security Manager, Abuja” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing Date: Thursday 29th July 2021
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org