It’s an exciting time to be part of Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)! Habitat is working on implementing its Global Impact 2025 initiative. This is a dramatic change initiative aimed at tripling our scale, impact and funding by 2025, in order to build a common programmatic identity with people-centered development and systemic change at its heart; and to build one integrated network with the operational capabilities and technical skills required to deliver on that vision.
We are looking for candidates who are driven, resourceful and want desperately to help as many families as possible build strength and stability through housing. We want people who are uncompromisingly committed to Habitat for Humanity’s vision and core values of courage (to do what’s right), accountability (to take personal responsibility for the mission and our actions) and humility (to remember that we are part of something bigger than ourselves). Together, we will achieve a world where everyone has a decent place to live. www.habitat.org.
About the Role:
HFHI is currently seeking a knowledge management professional for the role of a Senior Specialist – Knowledge Management. This individual will work with program area content owners to ensure appropriate content is created, organized, published and maintained within the MyHabitat site. The senior specialist will also support online knowledge exchange and coordination. This individual will be apart of a dedicated MyHabitat global publishing team that will curate the day-to-day maintenance of quality content and facilitate the exchange of information around their given topic areas. The senior specialist will work with international area-based content owners on managing content and conversations within knowledge management platforms and groups. This individual will also analyze site usage data, identify missing content, foster the exchange of information and knowledge, and lead the organizational growth by serving an online global environment.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
About My Habitat Online:
The MyHabitat Knowledge Platform, which utilizes SharePoint Online, is one of the most critical tools Habitat affiliates, national organizations, and Habitat staff have at their disposal to learn, share, and access tools and templates for work. The platform also plays a vital role in communications for the network. Nearly 90% of Habitat affiliates use MyHabitat, allowing the site to act as a primary communication channel.
- Contribute to MyHabitat’s updated knowledge governance model, by updating the communication style and content.
- Write new content or edit existing content, consistent with an updated MyHabitat communications style guide.
- Work with MyHabitat team and content owners to define priorities for content creation and the publishing of content.
- Coordinate the work of content owners in creating, selecting, posting, and removing content for a functional area or department.
- Collaborate with assigned content owners to design and create their landing pages.
- Curate existing content and package content to the end users.
- Use MyHabitat reporting features to monitor frequency of use and satisfaction levels.
- Provide content owners with quarterly usage data.
- Promote the use of the MyHabitat Knowledge Platform.
- Respond quickly to requests for information from the Affiliate Support Center or MyHabitat support team members.
- Engage with and monitor online communities of users and seek opportunities to deepen online engagement.
- Moderate assigned conversations within the discussion forums in online communities.
- Implement cross-functional processes to engage content owners from other departments.
- Work with other Knowledge Management Specialists and the MyHabitat support team to ensure a positive user experience.
- Collaborate with other Global Learning Organizational Development team members on learning and organizational development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 4+ years of experience working with knowledge management systems/tools and managing online data/content.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and Outlook) and a general comfort level working with technology systems.
- Strong writing and editing skills in English.
- Proven track record of using effective consultative skills and processes.
- Ability to build strong relationships across a diverse group of publishers and global users.
- Basic understanding of online communities and engagement techniques.
- Capable of making tough decisions about content selection, revisions, and removal.
- Ability to balance innovative thinking with practical learning and knowledge sharing solutions.
Active support of HFHI values & commitments:
- Humility – We are part of something bigger than ourselves.
- Courage – We do what’s right, even when it is difficult or unpopular.
- Accountability – We take personal responsibility for Habitat’s mission.
- Safeguarding – HFHI requires that all employees take seriously their ethical responsibilities to safeguarding our intended beneficiaries, their communities, and all those with whom we work. Managers at all levels have responsibilities to support and develop systems that create and maintain an environment that prevents harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, safeguards the rights of beneficiaries and community members (especially children), and promotes the implementation of Habitat for Humanity’s code of conduct.
- Knowledge of Spanish language.
- SharePoint knowledge and/or experience.
- Experience working in an international or global company.
- Experience working with UX/UI.
How to apply
To be considered for this role, please be sure to apply via the link: Senior Specialist – Knowledge Management | Habitat for Humanity