Chemonics International Inc. implements the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project for the provision of technical assistance and related services. The GHSC-PSM project supports the following health program areas: HIV/AIDS; Malaria; Family Planning; and Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child, and Adolescent Health. The goal of the GHSC-PSM project is to ensure that there is a well-functioning supply chain management system in Kenya that provides an adequate, safe, affordable, and reliable supply of health commodities.
Chemonics seeks a Senior Supply Chain Advisor to support the Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Kenya. GHSC-PSM is the primary vehicle through which USAID: 1) procures and provides health commodities; 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain; and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
The Senior Supply Chain Advisor is responsible for supporting the eventual integration of parallel supply chain activities into the national system and managing current supply chain operations under the GSHC-PSM project’s Kenya Transition (PSM-KT) activities. Further, they will oversee implementation of technical assistance initiatives to strengthen the overall pharmaceutical supply chain management in Kenya and carry out activities designed to meet the project objectives, including the integration, coordination, and successful implementation of activities, office management and administration, and supervising consultants and other project staff.
This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
· Provide strategic and operational support for GHSC-PSM staff for effective implementation of work plan activities to transition supply chain functions to local entities and strengthen overall supply chain performance.
· Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to provide technical l assistance to build the capacity and capability of MEDS.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to inform supply chain systems strengthening strategies, approaches, and tools related to supply chain management and integration in Kenya.
- Provide technical oversight and monitoring of partner activities (3PLs and other technical subcontractors) to ensure the delivery of quality results in accordance with contractual specifications and recommendations.
- Design and/or create reports, key performance indicators, and deliverables as defined by the contract to be shared with key stakeholders and relevant parties.
- Provide overall leadership, oversight and direction for the Kenya Transition Nairobi office personnel and consultants.
- Identify needs for supply chain strengthening STTA and LTTA and support recruiting, onboarding, and supervision of in-country staff as needed to execute in-country supply chain operations.
- Represent the project to external stakeholders including Government of Kenya, USAID, and CHAI.
- Participate and attend key technical meetings and working groups with other supply chain stakeholders, partners, donors, and the Ministry of Health, liaising with USAID and the Chemonics Washington office.
- Support office operations in adherence with Chemonics and project policies and procedures in project management, including human resource management, procurement, finance, and administration.
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual and other Chemonics standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as designated by supervisor and/or project leadership.
· Advanced professional degree in health, public health, pharmaceutical sciences, or related field, or equivalent relevant experience. Additional certification in Business Administration considered a plus.
· Minimum 15 years’ experience in supply chain management, capacity building in pharmaceutical supply chain management, or project management oversight required.
· Experience managing USAID-funded programming preferred.
· Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing health supply chain systems, including M&E of supply chains or supply chain strategy.
· Experience within the health sector with understanding of HIV, malaria, and/or family planning preferred.
· Experience conducting assessments and developing key recommendations and interventions preferred.
· Experience in the development and delivery of training programs preferred.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Fluency in English required.
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Senior Supply Chain Advisor” in the subject line to KenyaTransitionRecruit@chemonics.com by March 4, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.