360 Health Systems Diagnostics and Correction (360HSDC) is a holistic health-based development organization, focused on addressing disparities, poor health systems and the inequalities in accessing health care services to under-deserved communities by utilizing innovative technology to address health-related challenges in the development sector.
360HSDC is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Specialist to support USAID’s Next Generation Global Health Supply Chain Suite of Programs (NextGen). NextGen is the follow-on to the current Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC-PSM) Program. By providing commodities and systems strengthening technical assistance, NextGen seeks to transform supply chains for global health programs and achieve the following;
- Maximize the availability, quality, and affordability of medicines and other health products and achieve better health outcomes for the populations served.
- Advance the capacity, resiliency and sustainability of locally-managed procurement and supply chains in developing countries.
- Increase value for the US taxpayer and reduce the chances of waste, fraud and diversion even further.
In the Comprehensive Technical Assistance for Health Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Management (Comprehensive TA) under the NextGen Program, the Senior Supply Chain Specialist will provide technical guidance and programmatic leadership for planning, managing, and reporting on the Supply Chain and Pharmaceutical Management Coordination activities on the project. S/he will lead our project teams on the provision of coordination services, at the direction of USAID, in support of the Comprehensive TA IDIQ and/or other projects under NextGen. This is a position for a proposal the organization is working on.
Lead operational services and technical assistance for program and activity coordination as relevant to supply chain and pharmaceutical management activities in support of regional, national or local institutions and USAID operating units.
Work with Technical Leadership to lead coordination with other donors and partners who are financing or providing relevant services or health commodities at the global, regional or country level.
Supporting USAID-assisted countries to implement best practices for the coordination of national stakeholders for supply chain, commodity security and pharmaceutical management.
Support countries to align approaches at the regional level to improve supply chain and pharmaceutical management.
Support donors in the supply chain and pharmaceutical management area to align strategies and activities.
Collaborate with the Technical Leadership or Management to create and support mechanisms for coordination and alignment across Comprehensive TA or other NextGen mechanisms.
Collaborate with the Technical Leadership or Management and in-country or regional Supply Chain Experts to provide secretariat services for relevant coordination forums.
o Provide technical assistance to countries to build in-country and regional capacity to coordinate and efficiently manage the supply chain process. This TA could include areas, such as: supply chain workforce assessment; supply chain masterplans and HRH policies; capacity building by functional area; supply chain performance monitoring units; new supply chain ownership models; and training evaluations.
Prepare and present regular technical reports as required.
Support the planning, coordination, and implementation of technical meetings.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Education: (Degree in Pharmacy, Supply Chain, Public Health, Logistics or related field.)
Bachelor’s degree with 15 years of relevant experience; or
MS/MA/MBA with 12 years of relevant experience; or
JD/ABD with 10 years of relevant experience; or
Ph.D. with 8 years of relevant experience; or
Less than BS/BA with 20 years of relevant experience
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience working in providing Technical Assistance in health supply chain and pharmaceutical management coordination or governance to governments in LMICs (See “Education” section for number of years of required experience).
- Experience working on supply chain management projects in West Africa and/or Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, the Middle East, South America or the Caribbean
- Experience working on health supply chain and/or pharmaceutical management coordination services on US Government, United Nations or the Global Fund projects.
- Experience working on USAID’s GHSC-PSM Program in LMICs will be preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in developing or supporting in the development of national or regional supply chain management plans.
- Experience engaging with the private sector and public sector stakeholders.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and expertise of pharmaceutical management and supply chain management best practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the complexity of supply chain management and pharmaceutical management models for health products in LMICs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Report-writing skill in English.
- Ability to demonstrate accountability and integrity.
- Ability to display cultural sensitivity, and adaptability in interaction with people of different backgrounds.
Proficiency in English and at least one other language spoken in one of the following regions: West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean. Specific language requirements will be assessed based on the needs of each specific engagement.
How to apply
These positions will be based in West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and the Caribbean.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (with current location/address, clearly stated), Cover letter (addressing previous related work and indicating a region of interest), Certificates, daily rates in USD and proof of previous work related to position (e.g. final project reports, reference letters and completion certificates) to: email@example.com with Job Title as the subject, “Senior Supply Chain Specialist”
Note: Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.