PATH is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience building multisector partnerships and expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops, implements, and scales innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation as part of its ongoing commitment to solving health challenges and increasing health equity. Our work involves helping countries use data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of this work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center for Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data to improve health services.
The CoDE team is home to Digital Square, a global initiative supported by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, that aims to invest in and mature the field of global digital health in order to realize this promise. We are evolving this field by improving the coordination and alignment of the donors who fund digital health projects and the community that implements them. We are improving the open source digital health software ecosystem and the ability of governments to select, maintain, and use these global assets. This increased coordination and mature software ecosystem will enable low- and middle-income countries to effectively manage their own regional and national digital health systems, reducing reliance on long-term technical development assistance and improving health impact.
In Burkina Faso, the USAID President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI) has allocated funds through the Digital Square initiative to support the Ministry of Health, Public Hygiene and Welfare in digitizing community health, enabling community health workers to improve the availability of quality health services. Specifically, Digital Square will provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Public Hygiene and Welfare to expand the use of digital technologies at the community level where appropriate.
PATH is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor in Digital Health** for the Ministry of Health, Public Hygiene and Welfare to support the Directorate of Health Information Systems (DSIS) in oversight, coordination, and project management, as well as to develop leadership skills in both managing the digitization of community health and developing an enabling environment.
- Integrate HISD to support the development, implementation and management of the Digitizing Community Health;
- Support HISD in the development and implementation of a project management structure/plan and coordination of the various partners.
- Support HISD and the Ministry of Health, Public Hygiene and Welfare partners in governance and guidance procedures for the digitization of community health.
- Provide guidance to the Ministry of Health, Public Hygiene and Welfare in their planning and development of an enabling environment to support the digitization of community health.
- Support DSIS leadership in identifying infrastructure needs, developing a staffing plan, and conducting a partner landscape analysis.
- Guide the MOH in selecting or developing funding models and resource mobilization plans to expand and sustain community health digitization efforts.
- Ensure digital project management skill building for all DSIS team members.
- Identify opportunities to invest in sustainability and develop digital health action plans.
- Support the DSIS in the development of strategic documents (interoperability standards, e-health sectoral strategy, Ministry of Health IT plan)
- Serve as a liaison with the Digital Square team (regionally and globally) to contribute to Digital Square project reports and briefings.
- Collaborate regularly with Digital Square’s technical program manager based in Ouagadougou and attend meetings with Digital Square staff based in the US and Senegal.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Government of Burkina Faso, USAID and implementing partners.
- Motivate and foster a team to develop an environment conducive to organizational development for long-term sustainability of best practices in project management and digitalization of community health.
- Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field of study (e.g., public health, health informatics or related fields) preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital health governance in Africa (knowledge of digital governance in Burkina Faso would be an asset)
- Ability to bring diverse opinions together to build consensus and achieve results. Strong experience coaching and mentoring high-level government leaders and coordinating teams that include ministries of health, implementing partners and donors.
- Good knowledge of the national health system of Burkina Faso.
- Strong understanding of Burkina Faso’s community health system and the digital health landscape.
- Understanding and ability to apply organizational development best practices.
- Comfortable managing programs that respond flexibly to unforeseen crises or developments.
- Have good writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to travel in Burkina Faso.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in community health and/or malaria control programs with a focus on digital health, including a minimum of 5 years in project manager roles.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex projects and developing and implementing governance structures for digital health systems, including the design, development, scaling, and maintenance of digital health tools, systems, and architecture.
Must have legal authorization to work in Burkina Faso.
PATH is committed to creating an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Any qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
***PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. ***
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.**
How to apply
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/3uPbF9k