The Market Dynamics and Health Technologies Senior Technical Advisor will contribute primarily to support MSH technical portfolio aimed at providing health system strengthening and capacity building for the adoption, introduction, scale up, and equitable access of health technologies and other innovative products and services in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) by conducting market shaping analyses, health technology assessments (HTA) and strategic policy analysis that inform target product profiles – including pricing – program design, production, introduction strategies and interventions. This position will be responsible for designing and conducting global and/or country-level strategic analyses that include both quantitative and qualitative supply and demand data, with a particular emphasis on the design of interventions that influence affordability and accessibility of health technologies, products and services in LMICs. This will include, but not be limited to, conducting economic evaluations, budget impact analysis, multi-criteria decision analysis, and supporting the development and implementation of medicine pricing policies.
The Senior Technical Advisor will also assist in strengthening and expanding MSH’s portfolio of health financing and health systems strengthening activities by supporting MSH’s existing projects and through new business development. S/he supports MSH project activities and increases worldwide knowledge and understanding of MSH’s health financing work through the dissemination of evidence-based work; publications in journals; presentations to donors, stakeholders, and other development partners; and at conferences. S/he also identifies other project opportunities with pharmaceutical health economic and financing elements and participates in developing new business development proposals.
- Master’s degree with formal training in health economics, health systems, public health, health services research, policy analysis, epidemiology, biostatistics, or other related disciplines.
- PhD or doctoral degree in health economics or related fields
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience required
- Twelve years of experience in qualitative and quantitative market analysis, HTA, and management or strategic consulting in relevant field preferred.
- Eight years of experience in managing complex analytical, market dynamics, finance, and strategy projects targeted to LMICs
- Extensive experience in program development relevant to public health in LMICs
- Experience in working with product development partnerships or private sector manufacturers of health technologies, health commodities, and/or pharmaceuticals
- Track record of publication of reports, articles, white papers on relevant topics
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing and coordinating analytical assessment and technical assistance teams including delivering presentations and technical reports to donors.
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing and coordinating analytical assessment and technical assistance teams.
- Demonstrated success in leading successful proposals to donors, especially USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation or the World Bank.
- Extensive experience in providing capacity-building training in LMICs.
- Advanced knowledge of market analysis concepts, analytical tools, and methods.
- Strong analytical and quantitative analysis skills with experience using software such as TreeAge Pro, R, SAS, Stata, or SPSS for model development and data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices related to the development, design, implementation, and evaluation of health economics and financing policies and programs within developing countries.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work successfully with teams across the organization.
- Superior English verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on visual depiction of insights and ideas.
Core Job Competencies:
- Energetic, forward thinking, independent, creative person with intellectual depth and high ethical standards.
- Capacity to work in a variety of cultural settings and complex environment.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships, work well as part of a team, and to incorporate views of other disciplines into his or her work.
- Proven record of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Ability to manage and coordinate analytical assessments and technical assistance teams.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally about 15% to 20% of the time as needed.
Keyboard use, Pulling drawers,
Lifting papers <10lbs.
How to apply