Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor, Supply Chain & Logistics Management
Requisition ID: 2022201792
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Deputy Project Director, Technical Lead
- The Senior Technical Advisor – Supply Chain & Logistics Management will provide technical assistance to the Government of Nigeria stakeholders, and other implementing partners in Nigeria.
- The role requires strong collaboration with national-level entities on designing, maintaining, and strengthening logistics management for COVID-19 commodities in line with established frameworks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will lead in the development of FHI 360 in-house capacity among various departments and all tiers of Government in supply Chain management of commodities.
- Maintain stakeholder engagements with the National and State Procurement and Supply Management team.
- Will provide technical support to the states and Logistics Management and Coordination Unit (LMCU) to provide completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) reports submitted.
- Ensure that the post-distribution gap analysis is done for commodities after every delivery cycle and provide feedback.
- Strengthen the capacity of NACA and its sub-recipients including the Directorate of Hospital Services of the FMoH, NCDC etc. in forecasting, quantification and procurement processes for all relevant commodities needed for case management of COVID 19 and other public health emergencies of national priorities.
- Strengthen asset management, tracking and monitoring systems for infrastructures and commodities
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Knowledge of Microsoft functions especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills to identify gaps and strengthen systems related to logistics management and forecasting.
- Must have demonstrable experience working with national-level stakeholders such as NACA, and NCDC on core pillars of the COVID-19 response.
- Must have familiarity with the logistics framework for COVID-19 vaccination distribution and other commodities.
- Must have good knowledge of health management information systems used in Nigeria.
- Must have experience in leading multi-cultural teams
- Demonstrable capacity to work with minimal supervision and under difficult conditions
- Must have a strong understanding of the health systems in the country.
- Have demonstrable familiarity with program management.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to difficult terrain
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Pharm or a Degree in Public Health or Supply Chain with 9 – 11 years of experience in Procurement and Supply chain management.
- Or a Post Graduate Degree / MPH with 8 years experience in procurement and supply chain management is required.
- A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role position in an NGO project is required
- Good knowledge of health commodities management for diseases is required.
- Familiarity with the Nigerian public health sector is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with USAID and GF Projects is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Finance and Administration Director – USAID Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity at IMA World Health
- Operations Room Assistant (Shift) at GIZ
- Project Advisor at GIZ
- Community Youth Engagement Specialist (Volunteer) at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Project Coordinator Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Holland