Senior Technical Advisor – USAID/Tanzania Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organization, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran, or marital status.
Project Overview & Position
The Senior Technical Advisor is a full-time position for an upcoming opportunity in Tanzania for the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Market Systems Activity to increase focus on partnering with the Government of Tanzania and the private sector to expand provision and governance of WASH services, products, and management of the water resources. It will increase access to sustainable rural and urban water resources, finance for WASH, strengthen the market for sanitation and hygiene products, and strengthen basin water boards and water user associations to enhance stewardship of water resources. The senior technical advisor will support project leadership by providing senior level technical guidance on overall project implementation, and evaluation. This position will also support project leadership with reporting, personnel, stakeholders, administration, and development of materials.
This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and is contingent upon contract award to Palladium.
Reports to: Chief of Party
Duration: 5 years
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Provides technical guidance and offer innovative approaches to activity design and implementation, with a focus on individual and WASH capacity development for policy, advocacy, finance, and governance efforts that promote local sustainability and eventual transitioning from donor support.
- Introduce and implement market-driven approaches and solutions to mobilize partners around targeted WASH interventions.
- With the project senior leadership, support the design, development, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of the program’s multi-year strategy and annual work plans.
- Guide program staff to develop, adapt and implement effective, innovative capacity strengthening approaches, tools, and methodologies in WASH, with special focus on market segmentation and market-driven solutions.
- Work with innovative market-based solutions and support content experts to develop high-quality training curricula and tools for individual and WASH institutional capacity strengthening, which include coaching, facilitating skills; blended, distance, and web-based learning platforms; process co-creation, seconding, twinning; collaboration, learning, and adaptation (CLA) best practices; network analysis and strengthening.
- Foster state-of-the-art market-focused capacity development know-how and best practices among field program teams.
- Interact with internal and external resources and experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into project’s market-driven approaches.
- Manage, implement, and document project activities through writing project reports, reporting results achieved, and present outcomes and lessons learned through participation in online, social media, and international conferences and meetings.
- Contribute to development of annual work plans and monitor labor charged against budgeted level of effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in implementing locally adaptable and market-driven solutions in WASH, health, public-private partnerships in Tanzania strong preferred.
- Experience with USAID required.
- Strong understanding of the WASH sector in the Tanzanian context, including RUWASA, water user associations, basin water boards, private sector, and the Ministries of Health, Water, and other relevant ministries.
- Strong quantitative skills, including data analysis and statistical interpretation. Experience with statistical software such as Stata, and familiarity with macro coding in Excel is desirable.
- Experience with government engagement in the context of fostering better understanding and collaboration between public and private sectors in WASH health desired.
- Ability and interest to present complex information to diverse audiences. Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills, including significant experience with report development and presentation software.
- Strong program management, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently often within a required timeframe.
- Fluency in English.
Tanzanian Nationals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a