Title: Senior Technical Officer- HTS
Reports To: State Team Lead
The Senior technical officer HTS will lead and ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused targeted HTS, as well as linkage to ART and other prevention services. This will be provided in line with national requirements and standards. S/he will support to ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities/consumables and develop strategies to strengthen referrals between facility and community based HTS points and the relevant health facilities for appropriate referral of clients.
- · Lead in the coordination of community and Facility based HTS for the target population interest with the states.
- · Work to establish and strengthen effective referral linkage within facility and community-based HTS, GBV and PrEP.
- · Collaborate with SPIU to lead, develop strategies and implement HTS strategies in the state
- · Lead evidence-based surge HTS implementation in collaboration with SPIU
- · Coordinate, train and support human resource team implementing HTS services
- · Collaborate with state reference laboratories to implement proficiency testing and other diagnostic quality assurance.
- · Assist in developing M&E prevention tools related to HIV testing at facilities and communities
- · Coordinate mapping of community and facility services and the development of referral directory (including spoke, PMTCT site).
- · Coordinate capacity building activities such as HTS, PNS, IPV, adherence counselling and behavioral change initiative for providers.
- · Produce and ensure timely submission of monthly program activity reports for data triangulation with M&E unit of the project.
- · S/he provides HIV testing to priority populations according to the national HIV testing protocols and guidelines
- · S/he ensures that HIV testing quality assurance practices are always performed at all times according to the national requirements.
- · S/he establishes and strengthens good working relationship with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- · S/he performs any other duty as assigned by the State Team Lead.
- · Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, health sciences, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; masters-level degree preferred
- · Minimum of at least eight (8) years of experience in design and implementation of HIV testing services for community and health facilities
- · Experience in driving SURGE-level access to HTS including rapid HIV testing, “provider-initiated” testing and testing (PITC) in medical settings, and facility- and community-based HTS, including targeted index testing, HIV Self Testing and recency testing.
- · Computer proficient skills in Excel, Word processing. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- · Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data
- · Familiarity with USAID regulations is desired.
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Senior Technical Officer- HTS” as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Not Specified
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Female applicants and qualified
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
· There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org