The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-for profit organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State and a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAID), Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike
The Accelerating Control for HIV Epidemic Project (ACE) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is a 5 Year funded project implemented in Akwa Ibom & Cross River States. Implementation is targeted at achieving epidemic control thereby reducing transmission and improving the quality of life of those living with HIV.
- Job Title
Senior Technical Officer QA/QI
Level of Effort
Full Time (8.00am to 5.00pm Mondays – Friday) 100%
Job Location Cross River
Number of Persons Required
This position reports to the Associate Director – Strategic Information
- As a member of the State team, will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- Will share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the State Director and monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State.
Task and Responsibilities
- Coordinate setting-up and maintenance of electronic medical records systems and other digital solutions at new and existing sites within ECEWS Supported States.
- Will work with the Associate Director– SI and other program officers to identify, develop and implement relevant evaluation projects for the program
- Identify gaps in monitoring and evaluation capacity at the sites and recommend appropriate training needs, develop and implement training of relevant QI staff at both the state office and Programme sites
- Ensure comprehensive data analysis to identify areas for improvement across thematic areas, health facility systems and program units.
- Provide technical support to program sites in developing and implementing clinical quality improvement activities and commencing projects in poor performing program areas
- Supervise the state Clinical Quality Assurance Officers and serving as subject matter expertise regarding process improvement initiatives across ART/ TB, PMTCT, care and support, prevention & community services will provide quality assurance/ improvement focused technical assistance.
- Will actively support Data Quality Assurance (DQA) and other performance measurement exercises in the states
- Review and update the Programme quality improvement protocol as indicated and ensure documentation and dissemination of the quality improvement and best practices at both state office and Programme sites
- Participating in the dissemination of results to the facility management and quality teams and facilitating the facility-wide adoption of CQI practices across key service delivery interventions
- Strongly support M&E capacity development activities, support project M&E activities and reporting of performance and results including M&E capacity development for facilities staff, supporting them to develop robust M&E systems to track indicators, analyze data, and report results to ECEWS/USAID.
- Develop metrics and other relevant reports on QA/QI management for all issues, plan and conduct periodic program quality compliance audit at service delivery points to identify non-compliance in adherence to SOPs and guidelines; provide capacity building to health facility teams on QA and QI methodologies.
- Provide onsite technical assistance to the facility QI teams and collate all QI activities and work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary teams to address program gap
- Support and monitor the implementation of the QI coaching strategy Comply with other responsibilities as designated by supervisors.
Job Requirements Education
- MB.BS / MD / Ph.D, B. Pharm, or similar Degree with 6 to 8 years relevant experience with at least 4 years progressive experience working in Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV / AIDS programs at national or international level. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or public health with 7-9 years’ work experience or Master’s degree in related field with 5-7 years’ with related work experience Attributes:
- A good understanding of PEPFAR/USAID Surge program and national HIV epidemic control implementation strategies
- At least 3 years of clinical current hands-on experience of providing integrated HIV/AIDS services to diverse patients in a large program-linked facility or very busy clinical practice.
- Computer literate and competent in the use of ICT resources Familiarity with CDC/USAID and PEPFAR programs is required.
- High data management, analysis and reporting skills
- Completed training in Quality Improvement models and participated in quality improvement projects for clinical interventions.
- Report writing and oral/written communication skills.
- Computer literacy/skills in usage of personal productivity tools (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Internet browsing, emailing, etc.)
- Ability to meet deadlines, be self-motivated and function optimally with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovativeness in adapting to challenging work environments.
- Constructive and productive team player with good communication skills.
- Ready to travel frequently to undertake field visits, accompany field teams and possess the ability to communicate well in diverse cultural settings.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
Technology to be used:
- Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail), database (DHIS, LAMIS), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
This vacancy will close on the 2nd of June, 2022
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed resume and a one-page cover letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to Human Resources Unit through this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION MUST EXPLICITLY STATE YOUR FULL NAMES, THE POSITION OF INTEREST WITH PREFERED LOCATION as the subject of the email.
Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.