Chemonics seeks short-term technical expert to work with the Water, Energy, and Sustainable Cities (WESC) practice to develop a Water 101 Resource Manual and develop/deliver a corresponding Water 101 multisession course to Chemonics staff. This short-term consulting assignment will be conducted remotely. The (WESC) practice has several active projects with water and sanitation components and a robust forward market. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop a Water 101 Resource Manual to serve as a comprehensive guide to proposal teams and projects to enable them to better understand key water sector challenges, current approaches, policies, research results, and best practices in the sector. The content will focus primarily on water and sanitation as well as the four strategic objective areas in the USG Global Water Strategy
- Develop course materials and deliver a virtual multisession Water 101 training in close coordination with Chemonics’ Sr. Advisor to the WESC practice. The purpose of the course will be to improve the quality and efficiency of Chemonics’ technical proposal development and project implementation by familiarizing proposal writers/teams and project managers with a foundational working knowledge of the WASH sector and effective implementation approaches in partner countries. The course will take place over 3 two-hour sessions over the course of 1-2 weeks. The consultant will deliver the course alongside a full-time Chemonics staff member and be available to course participants and the WESC team for follow up questions and feedback
- B.A./B.S. or international equivalent required; M.A./M.S. or international equivalent preferred
- 12+ years of experience working on WASH programming in low- and middle-income countries
- Experience working on USAID projects/programs required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Water 101 Consultant” in the subject line to email@example.com by November 15, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.