The IRC has a well-structured operational base in South Sudan. IRC is operating in eight field sites in South Sudan, covering four of the former ten states. With two offices in Northern Bahr el Ghazal (Aweil East and South), four offices in Unity State (Jamjang, Bentiu, Ganyliel and Nyal), one office in Rumbek town covering the whole of Lakes, and one field office in Central Equatoria (Juba) for urban programming together with the South Sudan Country program office. The IRC has been one of the largest providers of aid in the region of South Sudan for over 25 years, delivering emergency relief and post-conflict assistance since 1989. Today, the IRC provides services for more than 900,000 people across the country, delivering lifesaving care and life-changing assistance.
The IRC is seeking a Senior Youth Enterprise and Employment Development Technical Advisor (STA) for an anticipated USAID-funded Integrated Youth Support Activity (IYSA) in South Sudan. The three-year IYSA will implement a Youth Corps model and support South Sudanese communities to develop, promote and strengthen the skills and assets of youth, and to create an enabling environment for the youth to be productive and positively contribute to their communities. IYSA will support and empower at-risk and out-of-school youth to gain the necessary skills they need to lead productive lives, gain employment, and positively contribute to their communities by 1) Increasing access to functional literacy, numeracy, soft skills, and life skills programs for at-risk and out of school youth, 2) Expanding entrepreneurial, employment and vocational opportunities for youth; 3) Empowering adolescent and youth to make informed reproductive health decisions; 4) Improving conflict resolution skills and engagement needed to enable youth to peacefully pursue livelihood opportunities.
The Senior Youth Enterprise and Employment Development Technical Advisor will manage overall technical program work and provide expertise on the Integrated Youth Support Activity. S/he will be responsible for leading on Life and Soft Skills Development, Work Readiness, Entrepreneurship, Livelihoods, Conflict Resolution and Reproductive Health Interventions for youths for this project. This position is contingent on the IRC being awarded funding and is anticipated to begin in 2022.
· Provide technical leadership on Soft and Life Skills Development, Work Readiness, Entrepreneurship, Livelihoods, Conflict Resolution and Reproductive Health Interventions for youth in the targeted geographies.
· Coordination of field management, monitoring and evaluation, grants and operations, and team activities;
· Manage the IYSA Technical team and strengthen the technical capacity of staff to implement a high-quality positive youth development program in line with IRC and USAID standards;
· Support the M&E team in refining and developing core indicators and relevant data collection and analysis tools to support use and uptake of data to course correct programming;
· Regular communication and coordination with the Chief of Party and key home office staff on technical and project management issues;
· Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper implementation and monitoring of project activities;
· Produce inputs to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed.
· Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in a related field;
· At least 10 years’ experience managing technical assistance for Enterprise and Employment Development, Livelihoods and Youth Development, with at least five years of experience with work specifically in crisis or conflict-affected contexts, preferably in the East African region
· Significant prior experience with Enterprise and Employment Development, Livelihoods, and Positive Youth Development in technical tools and materials development, monitoring and evaluation, and research in relation to Enterprise and Employment Development, Livelihoods, and Positive Youth Development is highly desired.
· Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired
· Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
· Fluency in English required; proficiency in Arabic strongly preferred.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
WOMEN, MINORITIES AND PEOPLE LIVING WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
- Job City Juba