Short Term Consultant: Ed Tech Consultant
Specifically, The Short-term Consultant Will Complete The Following Ongoing Tasks September Through December
Under the supervision and in consultation with the Project Director and Training Associate, the Short-Term Consultant will provide support for digital skills and creative coding training for teachers and CSOs in Kwale and Kilifi County.
- Prepare and review content for basic digital skills and creative coding for delivery of training activities targeting education officials and teachers in coastal Kenya.
- Conduct basic digital skills training sessions with targeted teachers and Curriculum Support Officers.
- Supports the Training Associate to ensure the implementation of feedback from participants for further improvement of content and training mechanism.
- Diagnosing and resolving ICT-related challenges for digital devices in targeted schools in Coastal Kenya.
- Understanding the KPLAY program principles and outcomes and seeking to align daily work to our goals and objectives.
- Participating in team virtual calls and other activities while maintaining a positive attitude.
Required Skills And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technologyor related studies.
- Demonstrate skills in use of Microsoft Office, coding, and mobile app development. Experience in Scratch is an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience in conducting adult digital skills training. Experience in teacher capacity building and professional development training preferred
- Good working knowledge of the educational system and processes. Experience in the Coastal region will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate mastery of fluency in spoken and written English and Kiswahili
- Administrative writing and reporting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Professionalism and teamwork
- Excellent organizational skills
Method of Application
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communication Specialist – West Africa Region at the International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Programme Manager – PLANE, Kano (Re-advertised) at Save the Children
- Compliance Assistant at Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) Nigeria
- Consultants – Evaluation of Humanitarian Response at Christian Aid (3 Openings)
- Medical Doctors at Medecins du Monde (MdM) – 2 Openings