Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with a core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Our vision is enhancing healthier and safer communities, while our mission is to collaborate with partners to promote comprehensive and sustainable interventions for public health, support military medicine and health diplomacy for peace, stability and development of communities.
Over the years HIFASS has provided manpower and associated support to HJF Medical Research International, Ltd Gte in support of Nigerian Military HIV program across 30 Military Formations. The Lassa Epi protocol (EID 023) is a community-based cross-sectional study that will be implemented in rural and semi-urban communities in Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC), Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja and Ikorodu Local Government Area (L.G.A) in Lagos State. The overarching goal of this study is to determine the seroprevalence and risk factors of Lassa virus (LASV) infection among adult human populations in the two locations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Study Nurse – HIFASS-08-21
Locations: Yaba and Primary Healthcare Centers (PHC) in Ikorodu L.G.A, Lagos.
Employment Type: Contract
Reports to: Principal Investigator/Lead Site Investigator
- The incumbent is responsible for performing/executing general clinical evaluation of participants, informed consent administration, determining the eligibility of study volunteers, performing nursing assessments, data collection, and other relevant procedures.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Explains the purpose and nature of the study to study volunteers/participants.
- Answers participants’ questions and concerns.
- Interacts with study volunteers and obtains written informed consent from those who are willing to participate in the study.
- Conducts participants’ screening for eligibility to join the study.
- Performs nursing assessments and collects relevant clinical data per protocol.
- Supports participants’ sample collection. Works with the lab team to ensure sample collection is done according to standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Supports HIV counselling and testing and other procedures as appropriate.
- Provides safety and protection to all participants while collecting and managing data obtained from the participant for the study.
- Ensures protection of participants’ rights and safety by providing any pertinent information to participants and the study team in a prompt manner. 10. Assists in preparing protocol-required reports such as Adverse Effects (AEs) reporting, Continuing Review Reports (CRRs), and other reports as may be necessary. Monitors deadlines.
- Assists in developing relevant SOPs for study procedures.
- Performs quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA) activities as appropriate
- Supports community engagement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education / Training Requirement:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) in Nursing is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- Four (4) years of post-National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) clinical nursing experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in clinical research or public health program experience is required.
Required Licenses, Certification or Registration:
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria with an up-to-date practicing license.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Compliance with all federal, state, and institutional rules and regulations related to research involving human subjects.
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
- Completion of CITI Group 3 Modules with at least 80% score in each module.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and assist with situations that may require discretion.
- Ability to use computer and office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, MS-Access, Outlook, and Adobe PDF).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Lagos.
N220,000 – N260,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and CV to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” by e-mail to: email@example.com using the Job Title on the subject of the email.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in PDF format, Resume and CV together in word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.