Dexis is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
Dexis embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
The USAID Office of Transition Initiatives’ Ethiopia Support Program (ESP) aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) is USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
With the support of the Ethiopia Support Program (ESP), one grantee plans to produce weekly reports giving summary, context, and detailed investigation of conversations going on the social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Telegram) in Ethiopia. The reports will contain monitoring results of content in three local languages (Amharic, Afaan Oromo, and Tigrigna) and in English. The weekly reports, individually and in group, will provide some clarity and insight into the fast-changing socio-political developments in Ethiopia.
Dexis is seeking a Social Media Monitoring Expert to support a grantee in the development of weekly social media monitoring reports that can be disseminated to USAID/OTI and other partners to help inform programmatic directions as well as identify areas of intervention with regards to mitigating offline conflict instigated by online content. The Social Media Monitoring Expert is expected to provide four (4) months of support to a grantee under the USAID/OTI program with an expected LOE over the period of performance is 12.5 days (100 hours) total.
- Conduct rapid needs assesment and collaborate with the grantee and client to design training plan and materials based on identified needs;
- Conduct a three-day (virtual or in-person) training workshop on social media monitoring methods, tools, monitoring platforms, qualitative data analysis, insight generation and risk mitigation;
- Produce report(s) and briefing(s) as requested;
- Develop social media monitoring report template that helps to visualize insights and make actionable recommendations in support of the grantee producing industry standard reports;
- Provide ongoing mentoring and feedback throughout the consultancy, specifically on social media monitoring platforms use and features;
- Maintain communication with Dexis and USAID/OTI throughout the consultancy on progress.
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience in social media monitoring, including workflow development, training, and reporting;
- Experience developing and delivering training modules on social media monitoring that cover the following topics:
- Social media monitoring tools and features;
- Qualitative data analysis;
- Visual report development;
- Generation of insights and related recommendations; and
- Risk mitigation, including information security and bias detection.
- Experience using media monitoring methodologies to make actionable program recommendations on online/offline interventions that can be implemented by civil society, media, and/or government partners;
- Experience working in one or more of the following fields preferred: journalism, media development, peacebuilding, political science, social sciences, data science, and/or marketing
Dexis is on a mission to help solve today’s most pressing global political, social, and economic challenges and create a world where all people are safe and prosperous. As a Dexis employee, you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. Our motto is “find a way or make a way” — that’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, apply now!
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, pregnancy, disability, age, genetic information, military service, veteran status, ethnicity, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, childbirth and related medical conditions, including lactation, or any other protected class under applicable law.
How to apply
Please apply through our careers page in the link below: