Title: Software Developer
Department: Product and Technology
Location: Remote, GMT time zone (or +/- 3 hours and willing to do time shifting)
Language Requirement: English fluency
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our goal is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the role
The Software Developer is a member of the global Engineering team. You are preferably based in the GMT time zone (or +/- 3 hours of it and willing to do some time shifting). You will develop essential components of myAgro’s digital layaway platform, which will have a global reach. An important responsibility of this role will be to develop the software platform and tools used by myAgro, including web applications and their related databases, as well as integrations with other systems. You will also support field operations and programs directly – this includes ensuring customer support, fixing bugs, testing applications, and training of programs staff on product. You will work with a technology team based around the world and you will report to the Software Engineering Manager.
Key responsibilities are:
- Support scaling: Participate in design and implementation to achieve better performance, scalability, and overall stability of applications.
- Testing: Support projects by helping with building automated tests for changes.
- Troubleshooting: Collaboratively troubleshoot, fix bugs and be responsive to myAgro’s ticketing platform including work with JIRA and git.
- Documentation: Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Mentorship: Support junior developers.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years experience in software development, with concrete results, across different domains and at different scales.
- Fluent in English and experience using it in a work environment.
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Flight benefits
- Laptop and professional development stipends
- Paid leave
- Tons of karmic good – you will be directly helping farming families move beyond subsistence farming
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.