ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Internews is seeking a Senior Finance Analyst for an ongoing USAID-funded Investing in Independent Media (IIM) project. The Senior Finance Analyst – IIM reports to the Finance Manager and works with the Business Management Team and Head of Operations to support the Team in making informed decisions by providing reporting and analysis to help evaluate the performance of the financial and project subgrants. Major responsibilities include the preparation of the monthly projections as well as performance reporting and analysis. This is a highly visible role that will engage in all aspects of financial planning, strategic analysis which include subgrants and accounting, and decision-making support.
This role will be based remotely from Bangkok, Thailand or from another location in Southeast Asia. If based outside the Southeast Asia region, the successful candidate will be expected to relocate to Bangkok.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired. Also Read Nigeria Ngo Jobs
This position has a closing date of April 8, 2022
Note: Hiring is contingent upon receipt of funder approval.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Works with the Operations team, Business Management team and grantees to assess all local rules and regulations, including financial policies, that apply to projects and all grantees and establish necessary internal procedures and policies for compliance.
- Coordinate with grantees/subcontractors to ensure expenses are in accordance with compliance and organization policies.
- Continuous analysis and monitoring of the expense/financial situation, presentation of forecasts for management projects.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions.
- Provide financial support in the oversight and management of subawards and subcontracts and monitor payments pipelines for all subawards and subcontracts elements.
- Manages cash flow on monthly basis.
- Provides financial analysis on a monthly basis, as well as prepares quarterly financial reports. This includes: regular analyses of financial situations and trends, cross-cutting financial issues, subawards and subcontracts analysis.
- Prepares monthly projections for project monthly activities.
- Coordinate financial management of subawards and subcontracts in coordination with the Finance Manager and the Head of Operations, including preparation and tracking of award budgets and project budgets.
- Meets regularly with the Chief of Party and Business Management Team to discuss budget vs. projected spend.
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s degree or internationally recognized Professional Qualification in Accounts, Finance, or administration
- Previous management experience, including staff, financial, and administrative oversight, preferably with an international NGO
- Experience with project management, business development, administration, reporting, monitoring, and financial operations on contract
- Proven experience with USAID funding preferred
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of financial and other data
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls and audits processes (e.g., procurement, local sub grants agreements, etc.)
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of the media landscape is a plus
How to apply
To apply, please submit CV and optionally a cover letter via our Careers page.