The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Spear Logistics and Liaison Coordinator – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2021-077RA
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE – 0701 8
Promotion Potential: LE-8
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 06. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Candidates.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The incumbent provides logistical support and coordination between the Embassy and Nigeria for the $2 million plus Anti-Terrorism Assistant (ATA) Special program for the Embassy Augmentation Response (SPEAR) – Nigeria.
- S/he maintains SPEAR facilities and accounts for the equipment used for the Quick Reaction Force and liaises with the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) and other security partners.
- S/he assists the SPEAR Mentor with all the related activities to include support of visiting SPEAR Instructors, Reports to ARSO.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- University Degree is required.
- Minimum of five (5) of prior work experience in administration, logistics, personnel management, project implementation and/or coordination with law enforcement, military, judicial or international organization is required.
- Must be familiar with Nigerian civilian security organizations, U.S Embassy missions and functions.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent speaking / reading / writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with persons at all level of government and the private sector. Ability to manage multiple projects at same time is required.
- Must have a valid Nigeria driver’s license.
Equal Employment and Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below.
- Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD42,570 (NGN9,688,215) annually
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Application Closing Date
6th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certification or Exception document
- Driver’s License
For EFMs, in addition to the above;
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Officer at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Public Health Specialist (Monitoring & Evaluation) at the U.S. Embassy
- Base Manager, Nigeria at the Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
- Assistant Technical Officer – PMTCT, PrEP, CaCx at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
- Award and Subaward Manager at Pathfinder International