Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialized Technician
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list)
- Performing autonomously, all necessary complex / advanced installations, maintenance and repairs (i.e. requiring special qualifications/training), according to the supervisor’s instructions and executes any needed tests after any repair or maintenance. Including the following functions:
- Qualified Electrician
- Qualified Mechanic
- Biomed Technician
- Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations, equipment and assisting logistics department for any relative work needed.
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and tools, including extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping working area clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to logistical maintenance are always completed. Preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Immediately informing the line manager of any problems that arise in the course of the work, particularly with regard to damage, loss, theft or attempted break-ins
- Working in collaboration with other specialised technicians and workers, if necessary, or managing a small team of workers.
- Providing the logistics manager with a monthly report addressing at a minimum, the progression of activities, the difficulties encountered and the plan of action for the following months.
- In the case of a breakdown, making a diagnosis, informing the line manager and after approval carrying out any complex / advanced repairs needed.
- Following up the validity of all documents (annual inspections, insurance or any other required documents).
- Managing the stock of consumable items, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, and avoiding any shortage.
- Responsible for the equipment and Tools, including Radio Equipment extinguishers, checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
- Keeping the workshop and its surroundings clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and preparing needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
- Carry out quarterly evaluation of external workshop in case of sub-contracting.
- Reporting: Comply monthly Mechanic report for generator clearly stating maintenance carried out within the month and action plan for coming months.
- Performing, under the support of the Logistics Manager the following:
- Monthly maintenance checks for all of MSF generators to ensure they are in perfect condition for their use.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Degree in Electrical or related studies is desirable
- Experience: Must have strong electrical knowledge with a minimum of two years and 2 years of previous experience in a similar position. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s is desirable.
- Languages: English required; additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required.
- Competencies and Qualities: Commitment, Flexibility, Results and Service Oriented, Teamwork.
- According to the MSF salary scale and 13th month allowance, equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
3rd April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of all certificates and diplomas, Valid ID, Work Certificates and Cover Letter with contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “SPECIALISED TECHNICIAN- CALABAR” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR- Locals only position at Act Change Transform
- Senior Technical Advisor, DHIS2 (Francophone) at Management Sciences for Health
- Director of Health Financing – Nigeria IHP at Palladium Group
- Project Manager at Plan International
- Supply Chain Manager, Humanitarian at Plan International