Position Title: Staff Trainer
Reports To: Training Supervisor
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: Grade 6, Senior Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for coordinating training for all CWS RSC Africa staff. The Staff Trainer works closely with subject experts in development of training materials, and delivery of training.
The position works closely with CWS RSC Africa management to administer and grade job knowledge assessments. Staff Trainers may be deployed to the field to observe or monitor training and compliance.
- Coordinates New Staff Orientation, working closely with HR.
- Ensures completion of on-boarding training for all new staff, in coordination with supervisory team.
- Coordinates departmental and specialized trainings, working closely with management team.
- Coordinates START training for all new staff joining Programs division.
- Together with Programs Management, carries out training needs assessments and analyzes collected needs assessment data to inform Training Unit priorities and organizational training needs.
- Contributes to the development of training materials and manuals housed by the Training Unit.
- Administer and grade job knowledge assessments. Assists in development and reporting on indicators for measuring the level of training success.
- Tracks delivered training and maintain attendance records.
- Provides training logistics and scheduling support to the assigned department or unit.
- Schedules and ensures dry runs are completed for all trainings.
- Ensures Training Calendar is appropriately updated.
- Supports training facilitators with train-the-trainer guidance, preparing presentation materials required, and planning.
- Uses general education principles and stay up-to-date on new training methods and techniques.
- Maintains a current understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program guidelines, PRM Program Announcements, DHS policies, and CWS RSC Africa’s Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge on software utilized by the Training Unit, including Moodle.org, Ispring, eSkill. Survey Monkey, Mentimeter and online platforms (WebEx, Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned to enhance the effectiveness of RSC Africa Programs.
- Five (5) years of paid related work experience is required.
- Two (2) years training experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and innovative training skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System (START) database and Operations Policies and Procedures.
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyze and solve complex problems and make sound decisions;
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Certificate in course development, training development, instructional design, or an applicable training is preferred.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in Kasulu, Tanzania
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full Time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
How to apply
Log on to CWS careers site – https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- TA Team Leader: AFTER 2 Project (Rwanda) at Expertise France
- East Africa – Regional Administrator at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Project Coordinator at Plan International
- Ethiopia – Emergency Response Lead at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Administrateur Projet & Audit at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale