Position: State Facilitator
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- The National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA) in collaboration with its partners will be implementing the measles follow up campaign in selected states. To create public awareness about these diseases & their prevention, increase demand & uptake of the vaccines during implementation, our client is supporting the government of Nigeria through NPHCDA, to review, adapt & implement plan for community engagement & creation of demand for vaccines.
- The consultants are required to work with state teams to provide material & technical support to communication working groups to guide them to create enabling environment for the high impact measles follow up vaccination campaign. The consultants will therefore under the guidance of Health Specialist at NCO & the respective Health / Immunization Specialist in the field offices in coordination with respective SBC team in field officers, focus on this support aimed at aligning our clients globally acceptable community engagement & demand generation principles, technical support to the State Primary Health Care Board, LGA & HF workers, monitoring & evaluation of the campaign in the selected states.
- To provide support to the states through our clients field office for microplanning, DIP, demand generation plan for the integrated measles Supplemental Immunisation Activities (SIAs).
- Support the state communication teams to produce & implement an evidence based, integrated demand generation & social mobilization plan for the SIAs.
- Support implementation of multimedia campaigns initiated by our client, NPHCDA & state government teams in association with the SBC team.
- Provide technical guidance in the design, review & dissemination of messages & materials & ensure they are culturally acceptable.
- Work with the ACSM (Advocacy, Communication & Social Mobilization) working group of the NPSIA to support the development of social media SIAs messaging.
- Facilitate capacity building of various stakeholders in the states on key community engagment interventions for NPSIAs, integrated with COVID-19 vaccination communication interventions, vitamin a supplementation & routine immunization, while observing COVID-19 IPC.
- Provide technical assistance to the state communication / social mobilization technical working groups on routine immunization & COVID-19 vaccination interventions.
- Facilitate community engagement & mobilization activities for SIAs & COVID-19 vaccination activities organized by the state & LGA teams.
- Provide updates to NPSIA desk, our clients field & Abuja offices by completing daily & weekly updates through the field offices & providing any other updates on request.
- Attend communication / social mobilization meetings & workshops as directed by supervisors, NPSIA committee & as required by the state teams.
- Monitor & track media mention of NPSIA activities in the country.
- Ensure all interventions & implementation of strategies are in line with COVID-19 IPC guidelines.
- Ensure NPSIA, routine immunization & COVID-19 vaccination messages are integrated in the multimedia campaigns for SIAs.
- Inception report & a monthly work plan at the beginning of each month, specifying the communication activities, community engagement & mobilization activities to be completed each month in support of NPSIA (measles campaign) / routine immunization / COVID19.
- Monthly report with photographs at the end of each month, specifying the social mobilization activities & technical assistance provided to the state.
- Revised IEC materials (banners, messages, jingles).
- Weekly ACSM tracking feedback to the state ACSM team & the supervisor.
- Timely & immediate alerts to the supervisor & the state on emergencies, outbreaks, changes of implementation plan, misinformation & rumors & any force majeure that may impact the program.
- Mid & end term assignment reports.
- This role reports to the Health / Immunisation Specialist.
- Bachelor’s or a University Degree in Social / Behavioural Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, or Health Education with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization & participatory communication & research, training / facilitation & impact evaluation of communication interventions.
- Preferably with training in communication for development & implementation in communication for development, social mobilization & behavioral change.
- Training in inter disciplinary approach in program communication.
- Fluency in English; knowledge in a local language is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional work experience in the planning & management of social development programs, including 2 years in with practical experience in the adaptation & application of communication planning processes to specific programs.
- Experience in immunization will be an added advantage.
- This role has no team management responsibility.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Resources Management Officer at International Organization for Migration
- Consultancy services for the African Union Department of Economic Development, Trade, Tourism, Industry, and Minerals (ETTIM) on Industrial
- Development Worker (m/f/d) in the field of Forest Environment and Climate in Cameroon at GIZ
- Creative Producer at Girl Effect