African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Statistical Assistant (Data Input, Analysis and Reporting) – Short Term Staff (STS)
Position Number: 50087634
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: GS6
- The Senior Vice President Complex (SNVP) is responsible for providing support to the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and to promote a performance culture that will align all processes and systems to achieve high impact results.
- SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure the implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions and the identification of necessary corrective actions and measures.
- SNVP participates in executive management discussions, decision-making, and implementation of key Board and Executive resolutions.
The Hiring Department
- The Strategy and Operational Policies Department (SNSP) plays a key role in developing an institutional vision and strategic perspective for the African Development Bank, as well as developing operational policies to guide the Bank’s activities.
- The main functions of the department are to: (i) develop and help implement (with other units) the institutional strategies and operational policies necessary to achieve the Bank’s objectives, in line with its Charter and the Bank’s 2013-2022 strategy, the five key priorities and other strategies; (ii) play a leading role in ensuring that the Bank remains a strategy-driven organization, in line with its policies; (iii) help the Bank raise its profile and engage strategically in international fora, as well as foster exchanges and better coordination with other MDBs; and (iv) guide the Bank in developing a new culture of innovation and change.
- The Statistical Assistant(s) position falls under general support services. The main role is to provide overall support for the implementation of the Revised Project Classification System (RPCS) workstream.
Under the overall supervision of the Director of SNSP / Manager SNSP.1, and day to day guidance of the Revised PCS Task Manager, the Statistical Assistant (Data input, analysis and reporting) will perform the following tasks:
- Provide support for the implementation of the Revised Project Classification System;
- Undertake manual classification and consolidate the quarterly RPCS information- collect and review documentation from relevant Bank platforms to ensure data consistency and accuracy;
- Take actions to find missing information, including through interaction with relevant staff where no documentation is available;
- Take a proactive role in presentation, data and quality check on the Revised Project Classification System reports;
- Provide guidance and assistance to Task Managers and other key users as needed, in project design (RPCS data requirements), inputting data in SAP Project System (PS) and preparing automated reports;
- Monitor and report on the use of the Revised SAP PS;
- Monitor and report on the use of the Business Intelligence (BI) platform;
- Build a Knowledge Database to support troubleshooting of the revised SAP PS and the BI Platform;
- Suggest periodic enhancements to the RPCS user Guide to keep them in line with implementation and user experience;
- Suggest regular enhancement of the RPCS SAP PS module and BI platform to keep them in line with implementation and user experience;
- Assist users in exploiting the BI platform;
- Assist SNSP in advertising the RPCS in various platforms within the Bank, including drafting different communication tools.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Data Management, Economics, International Finance or another closely related discipline with a quantitative background;
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience, experience in a customer-facing setting would be an added advantage;
- Proven experience in data collection, entry, analysis and monitoring, with strong ability to work with information systems;
- Experience with an international or development organizations would be an added asset;
- Good interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work well with teams in a multicultural environment and under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French (fluently bilingual);
- Good knowledge of Project Management systems, hands-on experience with SAP Project System would be an added advantage;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and excellent skills in IT.
Competencies (Skills and Knowledge):
- Excellent data collection, handling and analysis skills;
- Good knowledge and understanding of data storage platforms, knowledge of SAP and Business Intelligence (BI) would be an added advantage;
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally;
- Excellent presentation and time management skills;
- Ability to innovate and propose efficient methodologies;
- Ability to train and /or provide guidance to multi-faceted clients;
- Ability to prepare reports targeting different stakeholders;
- Basic knowledge of Change Management methodologies;
- Ability in web design /and or graphic design will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
13th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered a short term staff (local staff).
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment will be contacted. Applicants should submit a concise Curriculum Vitae (CV) and any additional documents that may be stated as required. The President of the African Development Bank reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts.
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.
- Please note that the Bank does not accept dual nationality. Therefore, you are required to declare the nationality you would like to be considered by the Bank throughout your career, if hired. Please upload supporting Government issued IDs such as passport, National Identity Card or Certificate etc.”