STEM CURRICULUM DEVELOPER OVERVIEW
We are looking for an experienced STEM Curriculum Developer who can create curriculum and assist with overseeing our upcoming program which will focus on the introducing of STEM to girls living in the US southern states, particularly to those of color. Teaching experience and experience integrating technology into learning are crucial for this role. In addition, the role will evolve to also co-manage multiple constituents such as instructors, additional curriculum developers, and vendors. This is a role for someone who wants to take ownership and lead the direction of our program, and who understands the benefits of girls getting early STEM project-based learning experiences to fuel their curiosity and vision for their future.
- Proficiency in understanding computer science fundamentals;
- Must be organized, proactive, have the ability to problem solve and capable of managing multiple priorities;
- At least seven years experience in the field of STEM programming, education and/or youth development;
- Bachelor’s degree with teaching experiences required. Masters in Education or related highly preferred;
- Two to four years prior supervisory experience in urban education or community-based organization;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy;
- Proficiency in multiple technologies, and ability to learn technological fundamentals quickly (such as programing, robotics, web design, 3D modeling, graphic design, etc.);
- Design facilitate educational development workshops for small and large groups.
- Familiarity with the United States deep southern states is highly preferred;
- Age appropriate curriculums, enrichment activities, and theme based projects that take into consideration the youth needs and abilities;
- DOE/United States Public School System;
- US State and Federal funding sources, and contracts for after-school programs;
- Program evaluation and assessment;
- Organizations/networks involved in after-school programing issues;
- Fiscal planning.
How to apply
Submit CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org