Position: Storekeeper – Alkufrah
Overview of position
these jobs are found in our client warehouses. Job holders are exposed to all phases of the warehouse operations and work with minimum supervision. They may provide supervision and on-the-job training to other warehouse staff.
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transshipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify, and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly, and analyse reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with our client established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following our client warehouse standards.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
- Job holders report to the Warehouse Management Assistant/Associate or the designate
- Upholds our client values, principles, and standards.
- Demonstrates our clients’ values, principles, and standards.
- Respects others and values diversity
- Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language.
- Stays focused and calm under pressure.
- Stays focused and calm when under pressure.
- Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn.
- Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, seeking and acting on feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop.
Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments
- Delivers results for maximum impact.
- Is accountable for the delivery of results.
- Delegates appropriately
- Seeks guidance and support where needed.
- Adapts readily to change.
- Adapts readily to change adjusting work as needed.
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative
- Is inclusive and collaborative.
- Promotes teamwork by sharing ideas and openly raising issues.
- Gives timely and constructive feedback.
- Gives timely and constructive feedback to others.
- Builds and shares new perspectives.
- Listens attentively to others and shares views.
Applies Strategic Thinking
- Communicates and fulfils our client vision.
- Embraces our client’s vision and how it impacts their role.
- Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things.
- Shows curiosity and implements new ways of doing things when relevant.
- Analyses and evaluates data.
- Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team activities.
- Considers the impact of decisions.
- Asks questions to understand the impact of decisions for their objectives.
Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships
- Builds partnerships.
- Acts professionally with external partners.
- Collaborates to deliver common objectives.
- Works together with partners to deliver common goals.
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization
- Planning, Project & Resource Management
- Information Management & Reporting
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Technical Assistance and Coordination
- Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level.
- Displays aptitude at monitoring and reporting on supply chain operations to enable teams to efficiently assess the performance and sustainability of current networks.
- Supports the planning, forecasting & resource management efforts of own team by collecting data from diverse sources.
- Collates accurate and timely information and data to enable informed decision making on reporting within individual unit and consequently the greater humanitarian community.
- Ability to collect and collate necessary information to enable our client to make informed operational decisions.
- Demonstrates ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative guidance in order to manage our client’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems, and ensure loss mitigation. Demonstrates awareness of the importance of technical assistance and coordination with key stakeholders and an ability to carry out logistics activities, respecting individual mandates and programme priorities.
Desired experience for entry into the role:
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using this link: