Given the level of growth within the organization, and enormous investment in both medical and non-medical equipment as well as field bases, position of Storekeeper at the field level was created to order to ensure proper and timely management of supply chain at the field level
This role will also provide support to program with support of Field Logistics officer in ensuring proper management and distribution of medical and non-medical supplies to facilities across program location in Gedo.
The Storekeeper is responsible for general and department-specific, routine, daily store activities, including processing postings, supply receipt and distribution, carry out inventories and inventory control activities, and may manage purchases and change orders.
Storekeeper is also responsible for conducting an inspection on the receipt of delivery from suppliers to verify the quality and quantity of materials and equipment received against specifications and units ordered, after which they dispatch to incoming items to the appropriate areas within the facility.
The role of the holder of this position to ensure that he/she prepares and maintain variety of records related to the organization’s store activities and assist in keeping the assigned facility clean and orderly
Logistics Coordinator – with daily coordination with Field logistics officer, and other Program Administration and Support Officers in each zone
- Take delivery of all incoming supplies and reconcile with purchase orders issued.
- Ensure all goods received are supported with relevant documents for ease tracking and reporting
- Generate monthly reports and share with logistics officer & Coordinator for review.
- Flag out all near expiry drugs and obsolete stocks and share with logistics officer
- Carry out monthly spot checks on key drugs in stocks.
- Advise on storage capacity of stores regarding program supplies depending on space available
- Maintain up to date stock cards for all drugs in the stores
- Track documents and resolve any discrepancies on received orders
- Ensure accuracy of the facility’s inventory system by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments and returns
- Manage inventories/supplies and ensure they are within the established minimum and maximum level.
- Responsible for stock rotation and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
- Keep up to date record of receipts, records and stocks released from the store.
- Maintains high ethical relationships with suppliers both internally and externally.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Administration and Support.
- Working with PSAOs to provide timely support to programs
- Prepare monthly status report on all supplies including stock of medicine, non-medical supplies and medical equipment in his/her custody
- Identify and share report on expired/obsolete supplies Field logistics officer and operations manager for possible disposal
- Ability to read and write Somali and English
- Diploma in supply chain management
- Possess good communication (both written and verbal)
and problem solving skills
Independently motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping an inventory management, storekeeping and general warehousing
How to apply
For the Candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trocaire Offers a competitive package of salary and benefits
The closing date for receipt of applications is 14th April 2023
For full details of
this position, please see job description attached.
please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (quoting the job title
above) to: https://trocaire.workable.com/