Position: Strategic Information (SI) & Health Informatics Officer
Pact, Inc. seeks a Strategic Information (SI) & Health Informatics Officer to work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA) contract. ZIHA will support the USAID and PEPFAR objectives of 95/95/95 and providing service delivery and technical assistance to improve Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (RNMCH) and Family Planning & Reproductive Health (FP/RH) services. ZIHA will improve, sustain, and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community levels and ensure that client-centered, high-impact, high-quality services are available to all Zambians.
The District Strategic Information & Health Informatics Officer will lead SI activities at the district level. Ensure timely collection and reporting of quality data, Capacity Development for the DHO and ZIH team at district level, data verification, and Quality Assurance. The person will lead implementation of SI systems, including troubleshooting for system maintenance, requirements gathering, and support implementation of systems upgrades under supervision of Provincial Strategic Information & Health Informatics Officer. Train system users and support roll-out of health information systems.
This is a Zambia based local Position and open to Zambian nationals only.
Project Performance Monitoring
- Ensure timely collection and reporting of quality data at district level,
- Provide daily progress updates to the technical team through ensuring dashboards are available and updated for performance tracking
- Support the weekly High Frequency Reporting and monthly reporting by ensuring clean data is timely available for the reporting
- Lead facility/community and district level weekly, monthly and Quarterly data verification in accordance with the AMELP and data verification SOPs
- Support program Quality Assurance through monitoring service delivery to ensure optimal need based integrated services are offered to clients
- Supervise data entry clerks to ensure high-quality data inputs and outputs into the systems and from the systems
- Collaborate with SmartCare eHMR Coordinators in monitoring SmartCare performance and timely response to systems challenges including downtime to proactively mitigate its impact on quality reporting
- Support the SIM Director in development/ updating of data collection tools, guidelines and standard operating procedures as needed
- Work in Collaboration with SI and technical teams in preparation of Monthly and Quarterly reports
MEL Capacity building
- Support the Strategic Information Senior Advisor in training and mentoring of District Health Office teams in data analysis and use for performance monitoring
- Conduct regular joint site level supportive supervision with District Health Office teams to ensure quality service delivery and reporting
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching to data collectors and data entry clerks on use of data collection systems, tools, indicators and reporting requirements
- Train information system users and support roll-out of health information systems as relevant.
- All other duties as assigned as relevant to the technical skills and scope of work.
- Employees comply with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other local education and experience:
- Public Health, Social Demography or population studies, Health informatics, Data science or other related analytical degrees
- Training in Monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated expertise in DHIS2 and cloud-based data management, at least 3 years of experience in system roll-out, configuration and usage
- Working knowledge of MERL principles, including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, tracking outcome indicators
- Strong data mining, analytics, and visualization skills using STATA, PowerBI ; with experience with programming language(s) is a plus
- Strong facilitation, training and coaching skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience implementing monitoring, evaluation activities, preferably for USAID/PEPFAR funded HIV & AIDS/ TB, FP/RH, MNCH projects in Zambia
- Demonstrated expertise in DHIS2 and cloud-based data management
- Strong data mining, analytics, and visualization skills using STATA, PowerBI
- Strong facilitation, training and coaching skills
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.
How to apply
Please apply on our website. https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/