COOPI is looking for an Area Administrator in North Darfur, Sudan
COOPI responds to the needs of the most vulnerable populations in Sudan since 2004, including refugees, Internally Displaced People, Returnees and vulnerable communities through an integrated WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods and Shelter approach. Key target groups include women and children, especially female- and child-headed households and unaccompanied minors, as well as the elderly and people living with disabilities. COOPI mainstreams Disaster Risk Reduction, Climate Action, Gender and Protection, and focuses both on life-saving interventions as well as building long-term resilience through community-based programming. COOPI works in Khartoum, Gedaref, Kassala and North Darfur States.
Purpose of the role
The Area Administrator will be the focal point and key staff responsible for all the administrative activities in North Darfur, supervising and handling with needed training to updagrade the local admin staff quality level, as needed.
- Ensure effective training to local admin staff;
- Ensure correct implementation and management of program administration;
- Ensure correct application of Administrative and purchases procedures;
- Support the administrative country coordination for the good accounting management of the project, in accordance with internal procedures and external donors procedures and monitoring project system;
- Supervision, training and control of the administrative and financial management of the national administrators of the projects;
- Support the coordination in budget management of the expenditures distribution of the program.
- Providing training for staff to make them independent in the use of internal financial software;
- Ensure weekly share of administrative and financial information with the coordination and guarantee regular update and archiving of program accounts;
- Ensure timely and compliant expense payment processes;
- Monthly preparation and check of project and coordination documents (including cash and banks reconciliation and monthly funds request);
- Preparation of budget amendments in liaison with the Project Manager and support in the preparation of project budget planning and development;
- Ensure timely transfer of funds to the field administrators for payment of filed project expenses;
- Facilitate timely and compliant payment of salaries for Field staff and consultants;
- Supervision and monitoring of all the administrative aspects of the Programme in the field and continous budget monitoring;
- Preparation and follow up of projects’ audit from time to time and support in Annual Coordination Audit;
- Preparation of project financial reports and annexes according to donor requirements.
- Assist in the supervision the stocks/inventory documentations of the project;
- Assist in the follow up of procedures and requirements on field project agreements.
- Ensure quality, transparency and efficiency in all aspects of the work;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality of all documents and issues pertaining to the organization;
- Perform additional jobs upon request.
- University degree in financial/Administrative subjects;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience is required;
- At least three years of demonstrated successful experience in international relief and development in a similar position are required;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Proven capacity to work in a team;
- Fluency in English language;
- Computer literate.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters;
- Previous work experience in Sudan;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale is a humanitarian, non-confessional and independent organization founded in 1965 in Milan, Italy. For more than 50 years we have been dedicated to breaking the cycle of poverty and to supporting populations affected by wars, socio-economic crises or natural disasters in their path to recovery and sustainable development, by making use of the professionalism of local and international operators, and through our partnerships with public and private bodies and civil society organizations.
- Job City El Fasher