COOPI is looking for a Country Logistic Coordinator in Sudan
COOPI has been present in Sudan since 2004 and in more in specific in North Darfur. The recent history of Sudan is marked by strong disorders and violence, expressions of a civil war that on several occasions has shaken the country since its independence. Since 2019, COOPI’s interventions focused also in the Kassala region that for a long time has been the scene of armed clashes and particularly hit by periods of severe drought.
Purpose of the role
The country logistics coordinator is responsible to ensure the coordination and management of all aspects related to the country’s logistics and particularly: purchase procedures, goods/services supply, transport system and the technical organization of the work of all COOPI’s field offices in the country, in compliance to internal and donors’ procedures.
- Country Logistics coordination:
- coordinates the country logistics function, both at Country Coordination level and at field office level.
- ensure that the logistics works correctly in qualitative and quantitative terms, at all different levels and in compliance with the procedures.
- Purchases’ management :
- ensure the correct application of the procedures – COOPI and the donors’ – related to goods and services’ purchases (including planning and necessary documents);
- monitor suppliers performance in compliance and ensure that the selection process for goods and services – and contracts related assignment (calls for tenders) – are done in a transparent and coherent way.
- Vehicles and machines management:
- ensure the machines/vehicles’ utilization planning and that vehicles’ maintenance and repair – reports and regular checks – are timely and correctly performed.
- ensure that the use of vehicles and machines is compliant with donors’ and organisation’s procedures.
- Goods and stock management:
- ensure all goods inventory, stock monitoring and the use of instruments for report writing;
- monitors correct goods’ use and conservation;
- ensures that the correct maintenance of the immovable goods is performed and that the country is provided with rules for correctly making use of these goods.
- Staff management:
- coordinates, supervises and evaluates the logistical staff work and ensures the training if needed;
- ensures that all the expatriate staff are register and have the due permission to work in the country.
- Logistics reports:
- ensures that all logistic-related reports are produced in line with COOPI’s procedures and the Country Regulation.
- Institutional relations: upon request, represent the organization at all logistical clusters and at security coordination meetings.
- A degree in Logistics, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the humanitarian field as logistics coordinator or in a similar position. Demonstrated experience in procurement, distribution, stock management, fleet management, communications.
- Strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory abilities, and demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors.
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills.
- Ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Computer literacy, with high proficiency in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Valid driving license.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter – https://coopi.org/en/job-position.html?id=4560&view=2