ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Sudan Country Director, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Officer will support Internews’ programs in Sudan and oversee all monitoring and evaluation activities. The MERL Officer will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing M&E frameworks and systems; collecting, verifying, and reporting data on program activities; and capturing impact, learning, and best practices.
This is a remote-based position.
All remote candidates will be considered. However, you must have work authorization in your location that does not require sponsorship from Internews. Additionally, there are locations in which Internews is not able to support fully remote work.
Wherever possible, we work to try to find solutions for international hiring that work for both the company and the candidate. This means that some of the particulars around the offer for a role will be dependent on several factors, and that the benefits and salary structure that apply to a position will ultimately be based upon the candidate’s location and where the role is hired.
This position has a closing date of 02/25/2022.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Develop and implement M&E systems for Internews projects; identify obstacles to implementation and recommend appropriate solutions;
- Attend the project activities and trainings and work with the project team to monitor them properly; this includes creating evaluation tools, collecting data firsthand from partners/beneficiaries and analyzing the collected data;
- Support the program team in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities;
- Collaborate with the project team on appropriate data collection methods, tools, and reporting formats and prepare the M&E frameworks;
- Write reports, analyze findings and provide recommendations as required for project planning, performance management, and reporting;
- Undertake field-monitoring missions to assess progress of the project implementation using Internews’s standard monitoring and evaluation tools and methodologies;
- Participate in periodic review and planning meetings, generating minutes and lessons learnt documents and discuss results of data and plan action steps to build on strengths and address the weaknesses;
- Support the project team in conducting field assessments and surveys;
- Develop close working relationships with all project partners, participants and stakeholders;
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation;
- Provide the Project team with the needed paperwork to help a better planning, monitor and control the activities;
- Work closely with the program team to ensure the project success through documenting relevant success stories;
- Any other related duties assigned by the supervisor to ensure program success;
- In all duties, an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E&R&L activities implemented by national/international NGOs;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Demonstrated experience with training and capacity-building;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic;
- Good writing and/or reporting skills;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- University degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, social sciences or any equivalent;
- Knowledge of use of data analysis software.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Internews Network is an EEO/AAP/OFCCP employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
How to apply
Please submit application materials at https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTERNEWS&cws=38&rid=1646