Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom on the Net, and Nations in Transit. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
This is a temporary, paid internship based remotely.
The Development Intern will support Freedom House’s private fundraising efforts and work closely with the development team to help produce donor and prospect briefings, assist with the completion of fundraising appeals, prepare for fundraising events, and other administrative, communications, and donor management work as needed.
This position reports directly to the Development Manager.
Also Read Nigeria Ngo Jobs
- Must be available 20 hours per week
- Interest in development and fundraising
- Interest in Freedom House’s mission and knowledge of democracy and human rights issues
- Experience working for similar nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent internet research and documentation skills
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize and multi-task to meet tight deadlines
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Ability to conduct oneself with appropriate comportment and a high degree of confidentiality with high-level donors and prospective funders
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify prospective donors and potential funding opportunities on an on-going basis
- Produce research briefings and profiles on major prospective donors
- Assist with fundraising appeals, including drafting appeal messages in marketing platform
- Support the planning of Freedom House’s 80th anniversary events
- Help to update and maintain Freedom House’s donor database
- Assist with the planning and execution of donor-focused events
- Other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned
Applicants are required to complete our online application form and to submit a resume and a cover letter that outlines interests and qualifications for this position.
- Diversity makes our work stronger. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States.
- The hired candidate is expected to begin in May or June 2022.
- Flexible duration
- The candidate can be based in DC, NY or remote.
Physical Requirements: Sedentary, regularly required to sit for extended periods of time. Constantly talk, hear, and understand speech at normal levels using a telephone. Occasionally required to stand, walk, and bend over; reach overhead; use hands, wrists, and fingers to grasp, push, pull, move, handle, feel, and type. Constantly required to use close vision and distance vision for regular computer work. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. to waist height.
General Working Conditions: General working office environment.
Freedom House is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. Read more about the application process and search answers to common questions here.
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job. It is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder may differ from those outlined in the job description and that other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job. Freedom House may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
Qualified and Interested Applicants:
We invite qualified candidates to submit an online application and upload a resume and cover letter.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.
Diversity makes our work stronger. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
How to apply