REPORTS TO: Manager: Social Work Services
STRATEGY: To improve the social functioning of children & families in the communities. To render statutory services, family preservation, reunification, monitor and supervised foster care placement, crisis intervention and developmental services. To execute social work administration.
Responsible for the delivery of Social Work Services at MES in the prescribed areas of JHB. Provide MES clients with specialised services in the field of statutory services, family preservation & developmental social work. To ensure that MES policies & procedures are relevant and comply with the requirements of the government and Social Work Profession & Council. To ensure that all professional staff are trained & developed to be able to deliver work of the required standard.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, direct and evaluate the Social work service programme within MES.
- Manage the strategic planning of the unit, by implementing procedures according to the policies, providing supervision and do administration duties.
- Provide and manage Social Works Programme/services to the clients.
- Oversee the Social Work programme, prepare and finalise reports, stats, for DSD/MES as per compliance standards for subsidy/ donors.
- Manage the day to day activities and assign responsibilities to Social Work staff and oversee execution of the activities.
- Complete the supervisory activities to staff to court cases and management of case loads
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- Degree in Social Work
- Social Work Registration
- Work experience as a Social Work, Child Protection, Family Preservation
- Proven work experience in statutory work and court work.
- At least three years’ experience in statutory work and management as Social Worker
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Drivers Licence
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to handle conflict
- Be effective in leading people and team building
- Be able to work with people and form networks
- Be assertive and confident
- Be professional and a good strategic planner
- Committed, dedicated and self-motivated person
APPLICATIONS: email you CV to email@example.com
Only candidates who are eligible to work in South Africa will be considered for this position.
- Job City South Africa