Job Advertisement: Supply Chain Assistants
About the Role:
The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of procurement, vehicle fleet, assets, warehousing, and transport as well as communications to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain network of SCI Ruyigi/Muyinga office.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, or another related area
- Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management and other related areas.
- 2 to 3 years of work experience in a similar field, preferably in an NGO environment
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Computer literacy (including advanced excel skills)
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills and communications skills
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good Oral and Written communication skills
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- High levels of confidentially and integrity
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better health care, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information : https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers
Deadline for receiving applications is 23rd September 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Enumerators at Save the Children
- New Business Development Coordinator – Green Climate Fund at Save the Children
- Supply Chain Assistant at Save the Children
- Senior Technical Advisor – Social Behavior Change at Pact
- Assistant Resettlement Officer at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya