JOB TITLE Supply Chain Assistant (Innovation)
TEAM: Development Programme, ANRIN
LOCATION: Kogi Field Office
POST TYPE: National
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
The Supply Chain Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of vehicle fleet, assets, communications and procurement to ensure effective, transparent and accountable Supply Chain support to the Save the Children Programs in Kogi. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate Supply Chain consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provide technical support and guidance to program teams on Supply Chain elements of distribution & procurement planning.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Warehousing, Inventory Management and Stock monitoring:
- Count and record the quantity on appropriate documentation
- Preparation of weekly / monthly consumption report
- Conduct of cyclic counts and inventories in accordance to project schedule
- Planning of the needs and requisition of re-supplies
- Check and maintain Store security measures, e.g. locks, windows, and maintain SCI key management policy.
- Report to the line manager / security responsible in case of problems
- Monitoring of stock levels at the health facilities
- Receiving and collation of monthly LMIS reports from health facilities
- Shelf life monitoring for health commodities
- Daily update of movements of commodities in/out of the store
- Participate in Monitoring and Supporting supervision at health facilities
- Provide support in the training of the health workers on e-LMIS tool
Administration & Reports
- Maintain all Supply Chain files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner; develop shared electronic & manual files to ensure easy access to information.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Administrative & General Skills
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics/Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Pharmacy, Statistics, computer science ,Business, Health Logistics Related Field
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 years
- Experience in procurement and Supply Chain with INGO, Government or private institution is required
- Experience in health supply chain management is desirable
- Experience in data analytics and information management is desirable
- Experience in a relatively insecure field-based environment is desirable
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Women are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communications Officer at Idmibok International
- Clinical Psychologist at Society for Family Health (SFH) – 4 Openings
- Malaria Advisor, Donor Integration at Chemonics International
- Safety & Security Officer at Plan International
- Community Liaison Office Coordinator at the U.S. Consulate General