TITLE: Supply Chain Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Dakar – Senegal
- 30% of the time will be roving across the Senegal
- 70% of the time based in Dakar
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years/local
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement supply chain strategy and manage its delivery. The incumbent assume responsibility for internal and external coordination and collaboration, ensuring value for money approach across the supply chain functions, providing technical guidance to various functions (e.g. procurement, fleet, assets and warehouse, capacity building etc.). A key part of this role to provide strategic and timely advice to the Senior Management Team. The incumbent plays crucial role as the custodian of global and country Supply Chain policies and procedure and identify necessary changes or customization while reviewing the policy annually.
This position provides technical support to on all aspects of Supply Chain related to Senegal country office Programmes across Senegal and Gambia, including, but not limited to, feasibility and risk assessment, selection and implementation of a delivery mechanism and distribution process. Capacity building and support to field teams. You will be deployed to a variety of locations across the Senegal and Gambia territories.
The post holder provides overall leadership and management of the Supply Chain department across the country including support across all field offices and implementing partners.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Senegal Country Office Senior Finance Manager
Staff reporting to this post:
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure effective Supply Chain operations from receiving requests to delivery to end user; develop and/or update country specific SOPs and implement Global Supply Chain policies and procedures in effort to ensure Save the Children and Donors’ minimum standards are met
- Ensure that the level of Supply Chain performance indicators is satisfactory, timely, appropriate, cost effective, achieving Value for Money (VfM), on budget, contextual to local & International markets, infrastructure, nature of the Save the Children programmes
- Support budget holders and project managers to develop the procurement and distribution plans for their projects, and ensure the timely delivery of those activities by using the sourcing pipeline to reflect the categories where framework agreements are needed.
- Manage and/or support Supply Chain staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives and management of tasks
- Accountable in ensuring all standard reporting are timely and accurate including KPI management
- Ensure accountability in asset (including fleet) and stock management, and ensure the integrity and accountability of distribution networks (which includes but not limited to the effective use of the Total Inventory Management System)
- Monitor trending of data analysed, highlight and lead opportunities for improvement, while maintaining a clear communication with the SMT through the normal communication
- Proactively provide advice and support to Senior Management Team, Budget Holders and Programme Managers on Supply Chain issues, and collaborate with relevant staff/team on budget proposal development, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Building capacity among the Supply Chain team through on the job training and effective leadership
- Provide training, capacity building and mentoring on Supply Chain as required across the programme and operations including building partner organisations at country level, taking into consideration the resources available in the Supply Chain Learning Hub
- Collaborate and represent the organisation with external agencies including INGO, UN and partner organisations
- The post-holder will comply and advocate relevant compliance with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures such as Child Safeguarding, Safety and Security, Code of Conduct, Anti-Fraud and Anti Bribery.
- Gives input and advice on the Save the Children humanitarian’s work within the Senegal and Gambia (this includes, but not limited to, project concept notes, proposals and budgets, country contingency and preparedness plans) and where necessary by including the Regional and Head Quarter offices
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Master’s degree in either Business/Public Administration, Economics, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant discipline is essential. In addition, professional License/Certification in Supply Chain/Logistics would be an advantage.
- At least MUST have 3 years of relevant Supply Chain work experience at a managerial level
- MUST have 2 years’ experience in developing and implementing a Supply Chain operations strategy to support different types of programs and coordinating resources to meet the programs objectives
- Significant prior INGO experience in Supply Chain & operational management, within a complex/large scale country program. An experience in delivering humanitarian Supply Chain would be an advantage.
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of Supply Chain operations including procurement, transport, distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management and asset management
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in Supply Chain, including training, capacity building & mentoring
- Ability to synthesize and analyze complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience of advising and supporting others at all levels with supply chain aspects of a program, including strategic thinking, planning & donor relations
- Ability to build positive & productive relationships quickly with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Fluent in writing and Speaking French is required as MUST for this position
- Good communication, and interpersonal skills in French and English with experience in managing multicultural teams
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Delivering Results
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving their own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Level required: Leading Edge
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation.
Level required: Leading Edge
- Applying Technical & Professional Expertise
Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organisation.
Level required: Accomplished
- Working Effectively with Others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead, when to follow, and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Level required: Accomplished
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children has zero tolerance for child abuse
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Job City Senegal