The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The International Rescue Committee has been working in Somalia since 2006, providing essential services to conflict and disaster affected communities. The IRC has been operational in Central Somalia (Mudug, Galgadud and Bay regions), Nugal and Benadir regions implementing interventions in the areas of livelihood, WASH, Governance and peacebuilding, GBV, Nutrition, education and health reaching out to more than 200,000 conflict and drought affected people.
Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Intern will be responsible for assisting the Supply Chain Officer to ensure efficient procurement and delivery of supply chain activities.
1. Supply Chain Planning
The Supply Chain Intern is responsible for supporting the Supply Chain team in implementing Emergency Response in support to the program implementation. Supply chain planning includes procurement, warehousing and asset management.
- Assisting in developing procurement plans for active grants in collaboration with program teams.
- Provide support on in developing and implementing transport & distribution plan for program supplies and assets.
- Attend meetings to set priorities and provide update on implementation on weekly basis.
- Ensure procurement done are in procurement plans and focus to emergency interventions.
2. Procurement Management
The Supply Chain Intern is will be assisting in implementation of procurement activities, ensures all program procurement needs and plans are met on time in accordance with GSC and donors’ standards.
- Assist procurement through integra (distribution of RFQ, and Preparation of Purchase Orders and Organizing Delivery of goods)
- Prepare procurement process on integra system up the final stage of award.
- Keep database of vendors, create new vendors and upload to the integra system as required.
- Ensure vendor contracts are updated with all supporting documents in the system.
- Maintain procurement document filing orderly and auditable.
- Compile procurement tracking sheet and share on weekly basis.
- File and document Supplier performance and carry out due diligence.
3. Asset and Inventory Management
- Ensure the Implementation of IRC Asset policies in Garowe office.
- Receive assets/property and record for tracking location and user.
- File asset/property acquisition and use documentation in retrievable manner.
- Keep updated asset register.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods.
- Ensure all incoming inventory are verified, delivery documents.
- Keep updated inventory database, records and share as requested.
- Ensure that Inventory to be released have approved release documents.
- Carryout periodic inventory count as per the schedule
- Fleet Management
- Ensure local fleet management policy is implemented and followed.
- Ensure all IRC rented vehicles are in good condition, fueled, well maintained and clean.
- Ensure IRC rented vehicles drivers have valid driving license and other necessary documents.
- Submit monthly commitments report to Finance.
- Submit monthly warehouse and inventory report for Garowe to SCC by 2nd of every Month.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES :
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration/Financial Accounting or Logistics related field preferred
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Prior experience of working in Supply Chain position in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent with using Computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
- General knowledge of the logistics procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender, and backgrounds.
- Commitment, punctuality, proactive, a good team player, ability to work under difficult conditions in the field, trustworthy, honesty, etc
How to apply
Apply the following link:
Standards of Professional Conduct :The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Diversity and Inclusion : at IRC, we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Organizations that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, physical or mental ability, nationality, and perspective are validated to be better organizations. More importantly, creating a safe workspace environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best is the right thing to do. So, bring your whole self to work.
IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. In keeping with our core values of Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality, IRC strives to maintain a work environment built on mutual respect in which all individuals treat each other professionally, and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of IRC Persons in any work setting. All IRC staff, wherever they are located, are accountable for creating an environment free of discrimination, harassment, bullying, and retaliation.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- RCA – Coordinateur Pays Coopérative hulo (H/F) – Bangui at Solidarités International
- Director – African Union Liaison Office at Plan International
- Responsable de Projets CCCM – Bukavu at ACTED
- Mali – Support Coordinateur Financier (H/F) – Bamako at Solidarités International
- République Démocratique du Congo : Responsable de Projet RRM – Bukavu at ACTED