Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK) is a national faith-based organization committed to promoting universal access to quality health care in Kenya since 1946. CHAK is seeking to recruit highly competent, experienced and fit for purpose key personnel in the anticipated five-year contract to continue acceleration of sustainable high-quality comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment services, to achieve the 95-95-95 targets and HIV epidemic control, and transition to a sustainable service delivery model in the Central Kenya region
reporting to the deputy project director and STA, Principal duties and responsibilities include:
· Responsible for leadership, oversight, and direction for the county Health Supply Chain systems strengthening team, providing strategic advice on design and strategy for integration, and capacity building in supply chain management in collaboration with the county and subcounty pharmacists, laboratory leads and coordinators.
· Provide technical leadership for the activity aimed at strengthening the county health supply chains for HIV/AIDs commodities and supplies in the central region counties of Kenya.
· Responsible for technical leadership and direction for the development and implementation of innovative strategies and programs to improve health commodity security, forecasting and supply planning, inventory management, re/distribution of health commodities for the county Health programs and other stakeholders supporting the county HIV service delivery program.
· Establish and manage commodity supplies systems to ensure cohesion across all technical areas of the HIV /TB program activity and ensure that technical interventions are integrated, layered and sequenced appropriately at all levels of implementation within the activity.
· Ensure the achievement of activity goals and objectives in line with annual workplans by providing technical advice and direction to the activity team.
· Provide coaching and training and other capacity building to staff and counterparts as required.
· Serve as liaison to Ministry of Health officials at national, county, subcounty and the program, Supervise and evaluate activities assigned to him/her.
· Build evidence-base of best practices including through written or reported case studies & recommendation for adaptations from collaborative learning.
· Develop and maintain a technical approach strategy for Logistics and Supply Chain Management in including set team objectives, outcome and data collection and evidence dissemination of good practice.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
· Post graduate diploma in supply chain management,
· Minimum of 5 years of experience managing supply chain and health systems strengthening programs of HIV care and treatment programs of similar size, scope, and complexity,
· Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing health supply chain systems including M&E of supply chains in HIV programs at county and subcounty level in Kenya
· Sound knowledge in Kenya public health sector supply chain systems strengthening and program technical assistance including operational mechanisms and collaboration with KEMRI, National Health laboratories and NASCOP.
· Strong report writing and communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, proven diplomatic and public relations skills.
· Prior experience managing donor-funded programs, particularly USAID programs, is a plus.
· Ability to work with cooperating partners in a representational role.
· Fluency in English language required.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates are advised to send their CV and application letter briefly describing his or her motivation for the position and highlight relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com on or before 15th May 2022. Only qualified candidates should apply. Applicants must quote the Position on application Subject.
*Disclaimer: CHAK does not charge money nor engage an agent at any point of the recruitment process**