Médecins Sans Frontières, founded in 1971, is an international non-profit organization that provides emergency medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from health care. Our teams are made up of tens of thousands of medical professionals, logistics, administrative and various other professions, all guided by our medical ethics and our principles of impartiality, independence and neutrality.
MSF WaCA, created in 2019, is the first MSF headquarters in Africa, and responds to the desire to reinvent the MSF movement after 50 years of humanitarian actions in the world, for more access to care, more reactivity and proactivity for greater medical coverage of affected populations in the world
Why join us ?
You will find yourself a rich multicultural environment embellished with many relaxation areas to exchange or just create. The opportunity to test and learn. Every idea is welcome, your comments and opinions will be appreciated at all levels of the organization. The chance to be a key player in a growing and highly qualified team. And most importantly, great colleagues in a healthy work environment.
We Are Looking for: SUPPLY CHAIN REFERENT BACK OFFICE
Department: Operational Department
Direct Manager: Head of Supply Chain
Functional Manager: Head of Supply Chain
MSF Interactions: YES
Working %: 100%
Position based in: Abidjan with possibility of field visit and gap filling in the field
Mobility: depending on the needs
Type of Contract: Fixed-Term Renewable
Position to be filled: as soon as possible
The Supply Chain referent back Office is to support field operations by ensuring efficient and effective supply chain management. He/She refers to the administrative and support functions that facilitate the smooth operation of the supply chain.
He/She is in charge as well Supply Informations Systems for the MSF WaCA’s missions aligned with the Supply Chain unit objectives.
This includes development and improvement of tools and reports, working on the policies and SoPs, and support on deployment and implementation. To that end, he/she interworks with third parties (Supply platforms, working groups, ESCs,…) for to ensure coherence and integration of the other systems.
This position requires an important level of collaboration with other departments and with other OCs to align the services support and mutualize resources.
The objective of the Supply Chain Back Office Coordinator is to support field operations by ensuring efficient and coordinated management of the supply chain. The Supply Chain Back Office is responsible for coordinating administrative and support functions that facilitate the smooth operation of the supply chain.
Main responsibilities / Activities
· Analysis, simplification and sharing of the current internal macro, micro processes and standard operating procedures with a view to be adapted to field operations.
- Work on a MSF WaCA supply guideline and follow the standardization at the missions level and HQ.
- Review existing Supply Chain tools within the movement as well as associated user manuals and make proposals with adjustments if necessary for better agility.
- Collaborating with field teams and senior management in headquarter to develop supply chain strategies and plans that align with the organization’s overall objectives. This includes analyzing supply chain requirements and setting performance targets.
- Providing technical support and guidance to field teams on supply chain management processes, procedures, and best practices. Ensuring smooth coordination between the headquarters and field offices to address supply chain challenges, resolve issues, and support timely and accurate reporting.
- Continuously assessing and optimizing the supply chain to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance service delivery. This includes analyzing supply chain performance data, identifying bottlenecks or inefficiencies, and implementing appropriate measures such as process improvements, automation, or technology solutions.
- Establishing monitoring systems and conducting regular performance assessments to track key supply chain indicators, such as delivery times, stock levels, and distribution accuracy. Compiling and analyzing data to generate reports and dashboards for management, highlighting areas of concern or improvement.
- Designing and delivering training programs (in collaboration with other MSF offices if needed) to build supply chain capacity and knowledge among field staff. This may involve organizing workshops, developing training materials, and conducting field visits to provide hands-on support and guidance.
- Steer the general strategy for the various Supply Information Systems as well as data and reporting within WaCA Supply Chain. This includes information flows in entities that are out of the WaCA management scope.
- Focal Point on Supply Chain ERP Project and any TIC Project related to the Unit.
- UNIFIELD: Gather information from the other Operational Centers and the Business requirements platform (BREQ) and see what are the next development of the ERP and do/present the analysis.
- AKIBA (Dynamics): Gather information from MSF and see what are the next development of the chosen ERP and do/present the analysis.
- Coordinate with the Finance and Information Systems departments to ensure alignment on selected ERP design and support.
- MSF PORTAL and MSF EXTRANET: Participate on the intersectional platform about the interoperability of the European Supply Centers and be the Focal Point on any request related to these tools.
- Collaborating with external partners, such as UN agencies, NGOs, and government entities, to foster partnerships and leverage resources for improved supply chain performance. Participating in inter-agency coordination meetings and working groups to share information, lessons learned, and best practices.
- Contributing to emergency preparedness activities by working in developing contingency plans for the supply chain part.
- Can be deployed in the field during emergency mission deployment.
Education / Qualification / Pre-requisites
- University degree preferably in Business / Economics / Computer science / management / supply Chain management
Professional experience required
· Minimum of 2 years of professional demonstrated experience in Supply Chain Management
- +1 year MSF field experience in supply chain management or headquarter position is an asset.
• Autonomy, professional rigor and ability to manage his stress
• Proven track record of managing Supply Information Systems
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a significant workload
• Commitment for association and humanitarian action
• Understanding of supply chain principles and practices in humanitarian contexts
• Be updated with the latest trends and innovations in supply chain management to ensure continuous improvement and adaptability
• Effective communication and coordination abilities
• Proactivity and problem-solving
• strong analytical skills
• Ability to think out of the box
• Kindness and active listening
• Cross-functional oriented
• Innovation ability
• Team spirit
- · Fluency in French or English and capable of communicating professionally in the other
(According to the coordination responsibilities of the position in both French and English-speaking countries, the hired person must be able to easily communicate in both languages.)
• Proficiency and excellent knowledge in computers and Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, …)
• Knowledge on MSF Supply information systems (UNIFIELD and Dynamics) is considered as an asset
- In a dynamic work environment, MSF offers equal recruitment and development opportunities without any form of discrimination based on gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, geographical origin, profile, physical disability or any other discriminatory ground.
Female candidates who meet the requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
N.B.: This job description provides a framework for the main responsibilities and primary activities of the position. It is not exhaustive. Therefore, the responsibilities and activities of the position may differ from those described in this job description due to organizational and operational needs.
Deadline: 2nd July 2023 18:00 GMT
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to apply
Kindly Apply via this Link: SUPPLY CHAIN REFERENT BACK OFFICE (recruitee.com)
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- FLYING IT REFERENT at Médecins Sans Frontières
- HEAD OF PHARMACY at Médecins Sans Frontières
- Biomonitoring Expert in Liberia at Wild Chimpanzee Foundation
- C19RM Coordination Officer at the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA)
- Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the Air Conditioner at John Snow Incorporated (JSI)