Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa,by Earthshot Prize as a Finalist a and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Talent Development Coordinator will join the Talent Development department and play a critical role in supporting all capability-building initiatives and activities across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing documents for training and ensuring that they are always up to date
- Scheduling training sessions and initiating follow-ups
- Maintaining timely and accurate communication with managers, teammates, and external training partners.
- Facilitate and deliver training as required from time to time
- Managing the Learning Management System and related activities including adding new materials and students under instruction by the Talent Development Specialist
- Updating and maintaining the trackers managed by the Department to ensure clear record-keeping and timely reporting among other things
- Filling and maintaining all relevant documents pertaining to training.
- Research on talent development issues and trends as may be from time to time requested by the Talent Development Specialist
- Coordinate cross-team learning across the organization
- Ensure all teammates have access to learning materials as needed
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Talent Development Specialist.
- Bachelors degree or diploma in relevant field and/or at least 2 years experience in a similar or related role
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills is critical
- Must be computer literate with a good grip of Microsoft Office applications and Google-Suite.
- Keen to detail
- A team player willing to learn, adapt and work with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
31st March 2022
How to apply
Click here to Apply and upload your updated resume, cover letter with links to your work samples and visit www.sanergy.com/jobs for details on this and more opportunities,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Do you have a question about how to apply for a job at Sanergy or our recruitment process? Explore our frequently asked questions here to find out
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.**